Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation for gardener/handyman

Options
  • 19-05-2013 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

I'm recovering from surgery at the moment and as a result I'm unable to cut the grass. With the recent warmer weather it's growing quite quickly and it'll be completely out of control by the time I'm able cut it myself. Would anyone be able to recommend someone local that I could call? It's just grass cutting, I'm not looking for landscaping or anything complicated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Justin10

If its just grass cutting would one of local young lads not be delighted to get paid to cut it, and save you money too?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Straylight

That would be ideal if I knew any local lads, but they're all a bit young around here to be let loose with a lawnmower. All I could find were landscaping companies who'd probably charge a fair bit, and really all I'm looking for is a once-off bit of grass cutting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Justin10

Straylight wrote: »
    That would be ideal if I knew any local lads, but they're all a bit young around here to be let loose with a lawnmower. All I could find were landscaping companies who'd probably charge a fair bit, and really all I'm looking for is a once-off bit of grass cutting.

Thats unfortunate, id happily do it for you but ive currently got exams. Hopefully someone else on here be able to do it for you.

So after a bit of searching around I found this guy on adverts.ie. He's just left and I have to say he did a great job. The garden looks really good now. He cleaned up after himself and took all the grass cuttings away for an extra tenner, which was definitely worth it. And best of all, he arrived at exactly the time he said he would, which I really appreciate. Nothing worse than waiting for hours for deliveries or workmen to arrive.

And is always the way, about an hour after I booked him the other day some guy called at the door asking if I wanted my grass cut. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

^ Why did you pay him to take the grass away? Do you not have a brown bin? Or is your garden huge and the grass wouldn't fit in it?

The garden is fairly average sized, but the brown bin is pretty small so a normal cutting of the front and back will generally fill it up completely. However the grass in the back was quite long, so there's no way the brown bin would have held everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Straylight wrote: »
    The garden is fairly average sized, but the brown bin is pretty small so a normal cutting of the front and back will generally fill it up completely. However the grass in the back was quite long, so there's no way the brown bin would have held everything.

A brown bin will hold an average front / back jungle cutting no problem. And a neighbours;)

Advertisement