Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog obedience

Options
  • 19-05-2013 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi i have an old english sheep dog that i bring to shows,and he does win every time but the problem i have is to kleep him back from other dogs he is going for them espically small dogs ,i rescued this dog so i dont know why he is doing this he is great with kids and people but other dogs no,how do i stip this as he is a fab dog and i love going to the shows with him another thing he does is leading the way he pulls on the lead and wont walk at my side any suggestions please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bavib

Hey Josie,

I'm not sure how helpful you may find it but you can get a pet corrector from the vet. Its a red aerosol type thing that you spray when you want the dog to stop a certain behaviour. It distracts the dog and helps you get the situation under control, you can then calm your dog down, but you must remain calm yourself!

Another thing to remember is to refrain from calling the dogs name when your trying to stop it from aggressive behaviour, calling it by the name reassures them that they're doing what you want them to.

Also if you're close to the D.S.P.C.A. in Rathfarnham you could call out to them, they will give you loads of great advice and help, and they run a king of paws training course that will help you with this problem also.

Best of luck!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Again, try the pets forum instead:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=240

• Registered Users Posts: 11 josie o dowd

Thanks for the info will try anything

• Registered Users Posts: 11 josie o dowd

Am i posting in the wrong place

Advertisement