Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate going to Calgary

Options
  • 19-05-2013 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi All ,
    Visa sorted and tickets just booked for Calgary for June 19th .
    Can anybody offer and advice and tips about going there?
    Also is the much work for Business Studies Graduates?

any help at all would be appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

I'm pretty much in the same boat. Most people that head to Calgary though seem to be related to the primary resources, that place is important for oil. To the best of my knowledge, Calgary is expanding from a town to a city because of a strong economy, so services are of course demanded. That's where business heads like us come in. (obviously any business grads there now could offer more on this). Unemployment is very low and is remaining that way. For now, I still think it provides optimum employment potential for labourers interested in primary resources however.

Most business grads head to Toronto and Vancouver. Toronto, according to the Ca. government is the centre of the economy (by a long shot) and the capital of finance, HR and IT particularly. Vancouver is the centre of international trade, but again that seems to have a heavy leaning on primary resources - this time logging and more.

I'll be keen to see if any grads there can offer some info. Most people (not everyone) without degrees that comment on this seem to dislike grads so I ignore it 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Trout99

thanks very much for the reply, just fishing for as much info as possible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭frankspencer

I am Business grad with separate degrees in Marketing and management have been looking for months for grad work in Calgary,
    out of all the jobs sites i find jobs bank as the best for filtered. A few of my friends have moved to red dear alberta, they are on the oil rigs but say graduates start there and then progress into senior positions relative to their education.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

I am Business grad with separate degrees in Marketing and management have been looking for months for grad work in Calgary,
    out of all the jobs sites i find jobs bank as the best for filtered. A few of my friends have moved to red dear alberta, they are on the oil rigs but say graduates start there and then progress into senior positions relative to their education.

Hi buddy, are you in Canada now or aiming to go over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭frankspencer

aiming to go over asap to be honest want to work in energy/oil

• Advertisement
Advertisement