Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 mth old hitting head of cot side

Options
  • 19-05-2013 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

We have a 7 month old who constantly stands up in her cot and holds onto the top side of the cot to look out.
    We cannot lie her down without her standing up straight away.
    The problem is that she is always falling over and hitting her head off the timber sides.
    We were going to put a bumper on the sides but I don't think that is recommeded for her age.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

We got a bumper at that age. We got a velcro one, as the ones with strings are supposed to be dangerous. They had them in tony kealys.

http://gro.co.uk/grobag-nursery-jolly-day-out/jolly-day-out-bumper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Personally I would be worried that she would pull the Velcro one off and choke or smother. I would prefer the tie on ones, just make sure it is tied on very well and the strings are hidden from her sight.

Is a baby sleeping bag/ gro bag any good or is she too 'able' for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

We got an Airwrap bumper when our little one was at that stage. It Velcros on, is made of mesh so it's breathable and the material collapses if they try tk stand on it to get higher up in the cot.
    It doesn't have any pretty pictures on it but its functional.

It wouldn't be as padded as some traditional bumpers but would take the main 'bang' away from hitting the wood. We found the standing up was just a phase, just because she realised she could do it! We just left her do it and eventually the novelty wore off.

Think they have quite a few stockists now so if you google it you might find somewhere local, or else online to buy it from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Personally I would be worried that she would pull the Velcro one off and choke or smother. I would prefer the tie on ones, just make sure it is tied on very well and the strings are hidden from her sight.

Is a baby sleeping bag/ gro bag any good or is she too 'able' for that?

You can't pull the velcro one off from inside a cot. it goes under the mattress. It is breathable foam, and there is no string to choke on or be strangled by.

All bumpers reduce airflow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Our fella did the same but their balance improves very quickly, I don't think you need bumpers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

we never liked bumpers. we stuck a pillow down the side to give padding

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I went into my son's room one morning to find his head caught between the bumper and the cot. He was around 7-8 months at the time. I don't even want to think of what could've happened if I'd gone in 5 minutes later.

The cot bumper came off that morning and went in the bin.

Advertisement