Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A street dog called daisy:

• 19-05-2013 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

dscf5455jkii.jpg

Was on holidays last week in Lesbos, Greece. The number of stray cats and street dogs was huge. Most starving and most of the female cats pregnant. I spotted a young street dog outside the hotel one day. She was running up and down the road. How she wasn't hit by cars i don't know.

Later I passed her on the road and gave her a little food that I was giving to stray cats. The next day I saw her, she recognised me and ran up to me. I went back to the apartment and gave her more food.

After a couple of days she was sleeping outside my apartment (ground Floor). After trawling through the internet I found a German dog rescue group that helped street dogs on the Island of Lesbos. They couldn't take the dog for the moment. I kept feeding her and finally they contacted me to tell me they found somebody that would take her in and they would collect the next day.

The hotel didn't allow dogs so I couldn't bring her inside. Every evening when I returned she was waiting outside, but the evening before the German rescue group we due to collect her there was no sign of her. After spending the evening in the dark looking for her I finally found her a mile from the hotel. She was delighted to see me. I hid her in the apartment that night for fear she would stray again. She was full of ticks so I pulled most of them off with a tweezers, but the apartment still ended up with them crawling around the place.

Two German girls collected her the next day. She was reluctant to go but she is safe now.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Was on holidays last week in Lesbos, Greece. The number of stray cats and street dogs was huge. Most starving and most of the female cats pregnant. I spotted a young street dog outside the hotel one day. She was running up and down the road. How she wasn't hit by cars i don't know.

Later I passed her on the road and gave her a little food that I was giving to stray cats. The next day I saw her, she recognised me and ran up to me. I went back to the apartment and gave her more food.

After a couple of days she was sleeping outside my apartment (ground Floor). After trawling through the internet I found a German dog rescue group that helped street dogs on the Island of Lesbos. They couldn't take the dog for the moment. I kept feeding her and finally they contacted me to tell me they found somebody that would take her in and they would collect the next day.

The hotel didn't allow dogs so I couldn't bring her inside. Every evening when I returned she was waiting outside, but the evening before the German rescue group we due to collect her there was no sign of her. After spending the evening in the dark looking for her I finally found her a mile from the hotel. She was delighted to see me. I hid here in the apartment that night for fear she would stray again. She was full of ticks so I pulled most of them off with a tweezers, but the apartment still ended up with them crawling around the place.

Two German girls collected her the next day. She was reluctant to go but she is safe now.

Well done...tis hard not to care for dogs left like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Fair play to you, have been to goa India many times and always bring over flea powder/collars with me any time I go. It gives them only a small amount of ease and we feed as many of them daily as we can. It's so bloody sad.

Advertisement