Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal work day exam

Options
  • 19-05-2013 9:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭

In my metal work day exam I had messed up real badly, I had simply ran out of time and due to my stupidness I payed more attention on polishing it then checking if it fits all perfect together.
    At the last 5 minutes after polishing and cleaning it all up I assembled it, after noticing one of the slots are a bit too small:mad:
    Due to this my piece did not function properly as it was stuck
    How much marks would I lose since the project is worth 37.5%
    Would I Atleast get 20% :confused:
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

I don't know, sorry :/ Mine wasn't polished at all, but I got it to work in the last minute while the examiner threw on her coat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

Our metalwork examiner helped students out lmao, not me but like, I heard stories.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭Dodo Bird

Our metalwork examiner helped students out lmao, not me but like, I heard stories.
    Mind giving me his/her number ? :P :D

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭LawdyLad

I finished mine and it was somewhat polished. Out of the 37.5, I imagine you would lose about 5-10% for function! If your other pieces were well made and polished, you could still easily get 30%+

• Registered Users Posts: 16 michaelk744

I thought it was very easy, finish and function were decent but accuracy was a little off.

• Advertisement

I thought it was very easy, finish and function were decent but accuracy was a little off.
    Yeah I thought it was easy as well but I just ran out of time
    How much marks do you think I will lose my whole project is polished but does not function and it is assembled but it is not one of the best in over all

• Registered Users Posts: 16 michaelk744

Dodo Bird wrote: »
    Yeah I thought it was easy as well but I just ran out of time
    How much marks do you think I will lose my whole project is polished but does not function and it is assembled but it is not one of the best in over all

Not an awful lot, there's still the project and written test so you're sorted.

Not an awful lot, there's still the project and written test so you're sorted.
    I really want to get a B, I did relitavely good in the project My teacher said the least it would get is a B :)

Advertisement