Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cordless phones bad for broadband?

• 19-05-2013 9:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

I have a cheapo Philips that i got for like 4 quid on sale, never used it because i read that them phones interfere with the bb signal and can reduce speeds?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

It shouldn't interfere with your broadband unless it's using WiFi frequencies for transmitting the audio instead of DECT.
    You're better off sticking to DECT phones which are intended for the Irish/EU market.

If it's a phone intended for use in Ireland or anywhere in the EU, it shouldn't be an issue at all.

Also, make sure you plug it in using a microfilter between it and the phone line.
    (You may not need these if you've a central splitter socket installed by eircom / phone watch)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ofcork

I had to buy a new cordless phone recently as the old one was causing dropouts in the broadband.

Advertisement