Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confusion about Consultation

Options
  • 19-05-2013 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

So, I was talking to one shop (a really well-known shop with amazing artists) and they said that for a consultation, the office staff holds the consult. I just don't understand this, how does the artist know what we want and design it based just on reading notes that the office staff puts together? There's no emotion behind it... I thought a consultation would be with the artist themselves discussing what you're looking for. Do most shops do this or is it strange?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Hmm,

Right, had you walked straight in off the street for a consult, you may have been re-directed to admin staff for details so that the said artist can consult with you later. Spoken artist may have been busy with another client or busy travelling through tattoo conventions, their admin staff may have been informed how to approach new clientele, I'd imagine without such administration, artists would have their time significantly limited in regards to customers who would genuinely appreciate their style :)

Edit; most artists have their own personal email to get in touch regards ideas. Most people don't do sufficient searches online to find this so again, staff can curtail supposed interest in getting a piece done to actual interest ;) Just my experience anywho ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Miami ink lies. Artists don't just wait around with a pencil in hand all day for consultations!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Both consultations for my tattoos were with the artist but both times I contacted them first to see what day and time I could go in. Some places do do walk in consultations but if the artist is busy you will either be told to come back a different time or give information to admin staff/another artist. Depends on the shop really but its not that strange.

Advertisement