Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daft Punk new album is out!

Options
  • 19-05-2013 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Listening to it on x box music (windows phone version of spotify)

Can't tell what I think off it yet!

Have listened to this tune which is an interesting one!

Has anyone else heard the album? What do you think of it? Any favourites?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Listened to the whole thing yesterday, loved it all except the song "touch" sounds like it should be in a Broadway musical or something, other than that it's a welcome change

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Touch is strange but after a few listens it's grown on me. Rest of the album is fantastic though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Touch starts out as weird. After a few days with it, you'll find yourself loving it:)

Fantastic record. One of the greats of the modern age harking back to the concept albums of the 70s. (Quadroohenia has more in common with this record than any of daft punks previous releases). The whole record is cinematic and brilliant.

Love it deeply and I was never a fan of this band up til now.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

As I said in the first post.... I like Giorgio by Moroder. Having listen more to the album, I love that tune!

Also, liking "Contact". They are the 2 songs that caught my attention so far! I know the other songs are good but them two have me putting them on repeat. Nearly all the tunes are class, but I have to say, I find the electronic vocals that are on "Give life back to music" irritating though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Like the tracks with Panda Bear and Julian Casablancas. Not sure about the rest yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

neaideabh wrote: »
    As I said in the first post.... I like Giorgio by Moroder. Having listen more to the album, I love that tune!

Also, liking "Contact". They are the 2 songs that caught my attention so far! I know the other songs are good but them two have me putting them on repeat. Nearly all the tunes are class, but I have to say, I find the electronic vocals that are on "Give life back to music" irritating though!

They used the Vocoder, which they have used ever since they started. I take it you aren't a fan, as its being a HUGE part of their sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

They used the Vocoder, which they have used ever since they started. I take it you aren't a fan, as its being a HUGE part of their sound.

I realize that they used this time and time again. But maybe that's why I don't like it! I wouldn't call myself a fan, but I do like their music alot! I threw on Discovery for old times sake last night and forgot how good it was!

Getting real fond of "Lose yourself to Dance" on the new album!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭hblock21

When will they be realising the video for get lucky???

hblock21 wrote: »
    When will they be realising the video for get lucky???

The "video" as an art form is dead, so never.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

The "video" as an art form is dead, so never.

Yeah, because Daft Punk are all about art.

• Advertisement

rcaz wrote: »
    Yeah, because Daft Punk are all about art.

I meant popular art form, Poindexter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

• Registered Users Posts: 10,334 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

dfa-3-474x500.png

knocks.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

Loving Instant Crush, Lose Yourself to Dance,Get Lucky & Doin It Right !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

absolutely cracking album. Touch is incredible imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭iomega

I was a bit underwhelmed a first, but I do like it. I would have liked less vocoder.

1. Give Life Back to Music Good opening track, I really like this one
    2. The Game of Love" It's Okay, it has a nice mellow groove
    3."Giorgio by Moroder" Good track this. I like when the phased synth kicks in. Nice drum jam.
    4. Within A nice tune but already the vocoder is starting to grate.
    5. Instant Crush" (featuring Julian Casablancas) Not bad, Nice chorus hook. More vocoder. You'd never know JC was singing it unless told
    6."Lose Yourself to Dance" (featuring Pharrell Williams) The music is good, but does he have to say lose yourself to dance so many ****ing times
    7."Touch" (featuring Paul Williams) Nice ambient sounds, not mad about the vocals. The most ambitious track DP have ever done. A mini musical.
    8. "Get Lucky" (featuring Pharrell Williams) It's everywhere, and It's really good. I would have like some other parts in there instead of the same 4 chords for the whole song
    9."Beyond" Starts off like a prog rock musical, yet more robot vocoder. Some nice hi hat patterns & keyboard parts, but not a great track
    10."Motherboard" Another ambitious Prog one. A touch Jean Michael Jarre
    11."Fragments of Time" (featuring Todd Edwards) A nice late 70's yacht rock groove. I could hear Michael McDonald or Andrew Gold singing this one.
    12."Doin' It Right" (featuring Panda Bear) More Robot voice, well they are robots after all. Like lose youself to dance, its just way too repetitive.
    13."Contact" Good one this, nice to hear the drummer cut loose a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Don't know what the hype is about tbh.

Advertisement