Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Walter Mazzarri leaves Napoli

• 20-05-2013 12:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭

It was expected since his announcement on Friday that he would reveal all today. He did a decent job, but has taken them as far as he could - his teams lacked consistency to truly put it up to Juve. He did however bring them their first piece of silverware since the Maradonna era with last season's Coppa Italia victory.

I'd imagine the likes Di Matteo, Benitez, Ranieri, Zeman and Montella will be touted as potential successors.

http://www.football-italia.net/34378/mazzarri-my-napoli-era-over
    Mazzarri: 'My Napoli era is over'

“I want to thank the fans, but I have ended my era here at Napoli,” announced Walter Mazzarri, but he has no future plans as yet.

The decision had been in the air for some time, but the Coach only confirmed it after tonight’s 2-1 defeat to Roma.

“I had already made the decision some time ago. I thank the President and director Riccardo Bigon for trying to change my mind to the last minute.

“I had considered this last summer, which is why I turned down a contract extension, and that was a risk considering I didn’t know how this season was going to go.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

maybe Benitez might take over

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Can see Mancini going in for it...

Good squad with potential for knockout rounds in next champions league..

If Mancini comes in you could see the big names staying except for cavani, who I think will defo be gone in summer no matter who comes in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I reckon it is a cert for Mancini with Mazzarri making a bizarre switch to Roma

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

CSF wrote: »
    I reckon it is a cert for Mancini with Mazzarri making a bizarre switch to Roma

It's not a bizarre switch at all if it happens.

Roma are a bigger club, they have rich owners who aren't afraid to spend money and are even building a new stadium. As a long term project it would ve very attractive to a lot of managers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Huge summer for Napoli. Benitez is the best of the managers listed in the OP, but I just don't know if he would be a good fit and I could easily see him clashing with De Laurentis at some point, as he is a very hands-on manager.

I'd quite like somebody like Montella, a manager who is still cutting his teeth and should have real hunger for the job. I don't know if he would leave Fiorentina though.

I really wouldn't like Mancini. He's obviously won a lot of silverware but I don't want somebody who sees this as a step down, and I get the impression that Mancini would.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I reckon Spalletti is a cert for the Napoli job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Seaneh wrote: »
    I reckon Spalletti is a cert for the Napoli job.

He's doing great things with Zenit to be fair, won the Russian league twice I think? I think he was unfairly treated at Roma, did a decent job with them under difficult circumstances. I would happily take either him or Montella.

But yes, the job is made for Mancini.

Advertisement