Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mods reading reported posts in fora they don't moderate

Options
12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

After all this thread isn't about me its about mod behavior.
    Nail -> head.

The only real issue here is a mod disclosed something that they are duty bound not to disclose.

That should be dealt with for what it is, the rest of this thread is collateral bullshít.

From my POV:

Mods can see reported posts - we need it to perform day to day duties.

Mods need to be able to search reported posts so they can make an informed decision in a situation.

Mods are entitled to know from the above if a particular user is a sitewide general or serial spanner or is just having a bad day - RP can tell us that.

Mods are trusted not to leak this information to the general userbase without a damn good reason.

In short, IMO, if mod access to RP's are diluted in the future, it will only harm the site. If mods can't be trusted to not abuse the system then there is no system.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

This is all irrelevant. The fact is that you acted inappropriately by commenting on reported posts in the soccer forum when you were not a mod there.

No amount of waffle or bluster from you will mask this.

I commented on what a soccer mod said, on what a soccer mod was telling us in the open forum. The reported post stats were brought into the open forum by a soccer mod. What part of that is difficult to understand?

It also was a conversation from 16 months ago Willy. A conversation that had nothing from the reported forums repeated, and there is also the small matter that I became the mod of the mid west forums at least six months after the conversation.

But thanks for posting Willy, now I am sure that it is nothing more than a witch hunt, and thanks for making an accusation about two posts from mine from 16months ago in which you are claiming that I acted in an appropriate manner when the soccer mod involved in the actual conversation saw no reason to act.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Steve wrote: »
    Nail -> head.

The only real issue here is a mod disclosed something that they are duty bound not to disclose.

That should be dealt with for what it is, the rest of this thread is collateral bullshít.

From my POV:

Mods can see reported posts - we need it to perform day to day duties.

Mods need to be able to search reported posts so they can make an informed decision in a situation.

Mods are entitled to know from the above if a particular user is a sitewide general or serial spanner or is just having a bad day - RP can tell us that.

Mods are trusted not to leak this information to the general userbase without a damn good reason.

In short, IMO, if mod access to RP's are diluted in the future, it will only harm the site. If mods can't be trusted to not abuse the system then there is no system.

Actually I disclosed nothing at all and just repeated what a soccer mod said in the open forum. Nothing was "leaked" by me, and I suddenly have had two posts of mine from 16 months ago dragged up by the OP and willymunny as "proof" of me doing something wrong when I had not even been made mod of the mid west forum at that point.

There is a very blatant attempt at badmouthing me going on, and Willymunny joining in to say I did something wrong pretty much confirms that for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Yup, this is turning into a witch hunt.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement