Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June "Is It Summer Yet?" Beers - Saturday June 29th

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Sunday 30th
    How so Joe wrote: »
    I meet up with people from the Internet all the time! It's generally fairly good craic. Tell her that!

But how so Joe? :confused::P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Other (post in thread)
    Ha. I only meet the nice people, not the creepers.
    How I manage to weed them out is, well, eh, I dunno. Secret magic methods?
    I'm looking forward to this on Saturday! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Sunday 23rd
    given that this is starting earlier than usual, what are the chances of it lasting? i won't be able to make it in the afternoon but should be in during the evening if you're still about.

@enda, do a nelson's dad on it, say you're just nipping out to buy some cigarettes!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Other (post in thread)
    given that this is starting earlier than usual, what are the chances of it lasting? i won't be able to make it in the afternoon but should be in during the evening if you're still about.

Honestly, I'm not sure how long we'll keep going - depends on the turnout and the day, I suppose. I'll text you if anything changes or if we end up packing it in early (ie before around 7 or 8) to save you a wasted trip, if you want.

Sunday 30th
    Fysh wrote: »
    Honestly, I'm not sure how long we'll keep going - depends on the turnout and the day, I suppose. I'll text you if anything changes or if we end up packing it in early (ie before around 7 or 8) to save you a wasted trip, if you want.

Have you made that booking yet? What time's it for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Other (post in thread)
    Ha. I only meet the nice people, not the creepers.
    How I manage to weed them out is, well, eh, I dunno. Secret magic methods?
    I'm looking forward to this on Saturday! :)

You know what they say. If you cant spot the "creeper" you are the creeper. lol.
    /jk

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Other (post in thread)
    enda1 wrote: »
    Have you made that booking yet? What time's it for?

I've a table booked on Saturday for 8 of us from 3 o'clock. I've asked for outside if the weather's decent. My plan is to have a late lunch (they do lovely food, menus are here) and then an afternoon of beverages and banter. There's going to be live music on if the weather's decent, and I figure we can decide as we go whether to stay there or pop over to the off-licence across the road and get some cans/bottles to take up to the Heath.

Info on how to get to the pub is here.

Other (post in thread)
    You know what they say. If you cant spot the "creeper" you are the creeper. lol.
    /jk

Well now I feel really bad about myself. :(
    Oh well! I'll just have to embrace the creep!

Sunday 30th
    Join their mailing list to get a free glass of Pimms!

I've printed my voucher.

Make sure to put in a real name. Email address doesn't matter in the end I think because they redirect you to the voucher link (it's not emailed to you).

Though to be fair I don't condone doing that.

Other (post in thread)
    Well now I feel really bad about myself. :(
    Oh well! I'll just have to embrace the creep!

ABORT! ABORT! NOTHING GOOD WILL COME OF THIS!

*cough*

Oh, don't mind me, just being a bit silly...

• Advertisement

Other (post in thread)
    I'm going to be cautiously optimistic and say the weather is looking alright for today, which all going well should translate to live music and delicious barbeque food at the Garden Gate this afternoon :)

Other (post in thread)
    Yup weather looks good. For once!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Sunday 16th
    In news that is likely to surprise absolutely no one, I will be slightly late today

Other (post in thread)
    I believe this image will be relevant to today's preceding conversation about Doctor Who:

differences_by_hi3ei-d3c3zzt.png

Other (post in thread)
    I approved of today's beers.

Other (post in thread)
    Other stuff from yesterday's conversation:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

'ave some of that June beers'

Other (post in thread)
    It was good fun.
    Did ye guys stay much later. I left around 11.30 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

Sunday 30th
    Yeah, a few of us headed to the Boarderline after the pub for some drunken dancing - it was a good laugh.

Ro: maaan, have you got a link for that video you were telling me about?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Sunday 30th
    That was an awful lot of drinking and religious discussion without much food or angry shouting.

biZrb: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57PlVm7hALA I believe I brought it up because there was a group of guys in Borderline doing a lads style dance/huddle descirbed in the vid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Woolly_Jumper

That means the next beers will have to live up to your high expectations from yesterday! :D

Advertisement