Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda eFibre (Stameen)

Options
  • 20-05-2013 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was wondering what the situation is with the Drogheda exchange for Fibre BB. The coverage map on the eFibre website says its ready and available now, but when I go to order it, I'm told that Drogheda is phase 2, which is still a few months away. So, is it available or not?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi, I was wondering what the situation is with the Drogheda exchange for Fibre BB. The coverage map on the eFibre website says its ready and available now, but when I go to order it, I'm told that Drogheda is phase 2, which is still a few months away. So, is it available or not?

Hi SolvableKnave

Drogheda (Louth); Is part of the later roll-out phases , however it is not available at your cabinet / address as yet.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Hi SolvableKnave

Drogheda (Louth); Is part of the later roll-out phases , however it is not available at your cabinet / address as yet.

Thanks, Mark
    The eFibre map should be updated so. It is extremely misleading to be showing Drogheda as available right now, but in actuality, it is still months away. 

And when you say not at my cabinet just yet, does that mean that even when Drogheda finally gets rolled out, Stameen still wont be able to avail of it even though the new cabinet is in place right now? Or just that i'll have to wait?

The eFibre map should be updated so. It is extremely misleading to be showing Drogheda as available right now, but in actuality, it is still months away. 

And when you say not at my cabinet just yet, does that mean that even when Drogheda finally gets rolled out, Stameen still wont be able to avail of it even though the new cabinet is in place right now? Or just that i'll have to wait?

Hi SolvableKnave

I appreciate where you are coming from the efibre map - http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map

Is there to give indications / time frames for towns & areas for customers. However that is why the line checker is available to check a specific address / cabinet.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Thats the thing though Mark. The timeframe advised by the map is right now, but the line checker says no. Which one are people to believe? Eircom are providing two completely different pieces of information to the general public, which is bad practice. If the map is wrong, it should be updated with the correct information or removed from the website altogether.

Thats the thing though Mark. The timeframe advised by the map is right now, but the line checker says no. Which one are people to believe? Eircom are providing two completely different pieces of information to the general public, which is bad practice. If the map is wrong, it should be updated with the correct information or removed from the website altogether.

Hi SolvableKnave

We need to have some information / indication of the efibre roll-out  nationwide.

The work is continually ongoing so it is difficult to detail and continual update the map. Which is a visual representation for customer to have an idea of the efibre plans.

The line checker is the specific test for each line  / address and that would accurate result for the address.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement