Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pink Lady Apples

Options
  • 20-05-2013 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Crisis!! Anyone have any idea why pink lady apples seem to have disappeared from supermarket shelves in the past month or so - can't get the yummy little feckers anywhere??!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I've bought them every week in Dunnes, Superquinn, Tesco and M&S (wherever i decided to shop that week) over the last few months. They weren't in Superquinn this week though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Crisis!! Anyone have any idea why pink lady apples seem to have disappeared from supermarket shelves in the past month or so - can't get the yummy little feckers anywhere??!!

Yeah,,We missed them as well for the last few weeks..

But,,thankfully,,Was shopping in Dunnes Stores in Bishopscourt here in Cork on Saturday,and was delighted to see they had in a new supply of them.

They are all marked "New Season".

So,,keep an eye out for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Southern Belle

MrFrisp wrote: »
    Yeah,,We missed them as well for the last few weeks..

But,,thankfully,,Was shopping in Dunnes Stores in Bishopscourt here in Cork on Saturday,and was delighted to see they had in a new supply of them.

They are all marked "New Season".

So,,keep an eye out for them.

Phew - hope they make their way back to the south east soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

They were missing in Tesco in Wexford for a while also but there was a plentiful supply of them on Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

I asked in my local fruit&veg about this a few weeks ago. Was told they are out of season but would be back again in 6 weeks. They have them again this week, a bit small though!

• Advertisement

Ok - heading to the shops this lunch time with my fingers crossed. Have never seen them disappear at this time of year before though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I bought a bag in Tesco Cabra yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Emilymurp

Haven't seen them for a while as well. Must be out of season I guess.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'm glad they're back in, I've been looking for them for weeks too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

They're out of season at the moment. :( New batches should be coming at the start of June though.

• Advertisement

They've returned to Dunnes in Waterford! :) Although they're not so much "Pink Ladies" as greenishy pink little girls :P Hopefully they'll improve in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

They've returned to Dunnes in Waterford! :) Although they're not so much "Pink Ladies" as greenishy pink little girls :P Hopefully they'll improve in a few weeks.

The ones We are getting down here are gorgeous..

Beautiful red/pink glow to them...And they taste just divine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Got lovely pink ladies in Dunnes at the weekend so it seems they are back in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭castlewhite

The North european season finished several weeks ago.
    There was gap while we waited for the arrival of the Southern hemp crop of Pink Ladies, mainly from Chile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I love them but even buying them from a wholesaler they are about 35 cent an apple. And the whole saler is honest and said they cost about 3 times the price for him to buy compared to a gala apple.

Buying fruit from the fruit market in Dublin 1. You learn a fruit maybe out of season a month but its still on the shelves of a supermarket so it isnt that fresh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 sachieauckland

i also like them,, u will see them soon, they may have gone out of season for a while i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CorsendonkX

If you want a cheaper option just look for Cripps Pink which happens to be Pink Lady(its a brand not a cultivar), you sometimes find it in the value packs in Dunnes and Tesco, it might not have the same high colouring but it tastes the same.

Advertisement