Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre Phase 1 - Limerick

• 20-05-2013 11:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone called up yet to see if they are able to get this? I have called and they have told me that the exchange isnt upgraded yet even though on the coverage map it says that it is and the fact that Limerick(dooradoyle) is Phase 1 of the rollout.

Mods is it okay to leave this here, as I want to hear if anyone from Limerick was able to get this, this morning or in the following days?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭gtothek

I got the letter & signed up today for 50mb. I live in Gouldavoher so its the Dooradoyle exchange. I got the confirmation e-mail saying that a tech will be in contact to upgrade my line in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Lucky b8stard - I called this morning, same exchange and told its not available. My parents live less 100m from the exchnage and according to the website cant upgrade, and a mates parents that live across from a cab cant get it either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Is this through eircom? I'd rather chew off my own arm than deal with them again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭gtothek

It is yeah.

rang this morning and i can only get 50mb tech guys are coming on thursday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

krudler wrote: »
    Is this through eircom? I'd rather chew off my own arm than deal with them again

I thought it was eircom rolling it out, but would be available to all isp's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Yes. should be available through all providers, sooner or later....if you're in the catchment area.
    Eircom reps may tell you that eFibre is not available from any of other landline providers, but that is simply because Eircom call it "eFibre" while the others will have their own name for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭The Sky

I actually was about to read about this today in the paper but for whatever reason they decided to put a green line through the article. Not being able to read the words that were hidden by this line pissed me off xD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

most of the pstn/ dsl landline providers will be supplying this!! Sky will not be able to for a couple of months as they are new to the market they have to run several comparability tests with there equipment/ systems. Eircom, vodafone etc would have all gone live today! My job is based in raheen ind estate and we had eircom tech on site this morning who installedoutr new socket! my exchange at home is phase 5 which means il have fibre broadband for december 2014 woohoo haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Have my install date for the 28th. Signed up on or around the first day they added the web form to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

gregers85 wrote: »
    most of the pstn/ dsl landline providers will be supplying this!! Sky will not be able to for a couple of months as they are new to the market they have to run several comparability tests with there equipment/ systems. Eircom, vodafone etc would have all gone live today! My job is based in raheen ind estate and we had eircom tech on site this morning who installedoutr new socket! my exchange at home is phase 5 which means il have fibre broadband for december 2014 woohoo haha

There's always UPC....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

There's always UPC....

i wish!! outside there area too! :( if i could get it i def would have it!! even when eircom upgrade the whole country only approx 20 percent of people will be able to receive the 70mb down! UPC's starter package at the moment is 50mb

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

what price is it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

There's always UPC....

UPC have no interest in my area :( - eircom will have a far greater reach to customers than UPC.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

What speeds are ye getting?

Advertisement