Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private Water Supply

Options
  • 20-05-2013 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭

I have observed that both Flannerys Hotel and Bon Secours Group(both on Dublin Road) have applied to the city Council for permission or retention of a bored well water supply, what exactly is this?can larger commercial enterprises now have a free water supply?will it be metered?can I get one for my private dwelling? sorry for all the questions but I thought this only happened in rural areas.

http://www.galwaycity.ie/AllServices/Planning/PlanningLists/2013/May/100513_05.pdf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

I know of one private house on Kingston Road that bored its own well about two years ago. The owner gave up on the City Council providing a reliable supply.

I'm sure there will be some way found for domestic water charges to apply even if you have your own supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

churchview wrote: »
    I know of one private house on Kingston Road that bored its own well about two years ago. The owner gave up on the City Council providing a reliable supply.

I'm sure there will be some way found for domestic water charges to apply even if you have your own supply.

They already have, you are liable for water charges if you have a sewage connection.
    I don't think you'll be able to get permission for a sewage treatment system in the back garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Would a septic tank not suffice?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Would a septic tank not suffice?

The new regulations require a lot of land, some people have estimated that for a new septic tank there site has to be 1 acre.

Edit - found part of the information required: http://www.epa.ie/pubs/advice/water/wastewater/code%20of%20practice%20for%20single%20houses/#d.en.46984

Advertisement