Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smithfield Market - Parking

Options
  • 20-05-2013 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi,

I'm living in Block E of the Smithfield Market complex. We have one parking space with the apartment, however we now have an absolute requirement for two cars. Does anybody have any advice on getting an extra space without paying the extortionate prices of rental (€90 a month for an extra parking space is too much for me).

We are fully up to date on management fees. I gather from a chat with Wyse a while back that many apartments have not paid these fees. I was hoping that this might build some good faith with regard to using one of the free parking spaces down there but they haven't been as helpful as I'd hoped.

I know there are a lot of unused spaces in the residential car park. Is there any way of getting an extra fob from Wyse to use one of these free/unallocated spaces? Has anybody devised any way of working around the system whereby only one fob is allocated per apartment?

Any help on this would be brilliant, as I really can't afford to be paying an extra €1000 a year on parking in my own car park.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I doubt you will get a parking space for less than €90 a month, but you could put an advert and see if someone not using their space will rent one to you for less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 sackedlunch

Yeah I'm sure there are a number of people who just don't use it full stop who might be willing to rent one out for less if they saw an advert. Someone had suggested to me that I claim I'll be using the space for both a moped/motorcyle and a car, which might allow me to get two fobs?

I know there is always the argument of using the space belonging to another apartment, however I've been living there for three years and I know of about two or three parking spaces at have been vacant the whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Bear in mind you're asking to get something for free that others have paid €25,000 for. That was the cost of a parking space when I bought my apartment here. In the circumstances I don't think €90 a month is a lot to ask.

I completely see your point, as we are renting I don't know how the pricing etc is factored in, but I assume it is. However there are so many students etc living in the complex that definitely dont use their spots I don't think it would be outrageous for someone to use one.

In any event our landlord has tenants in another apartment that dont use theirs so thankfully I don't have to go down that avenue.

On a side note it seems like it's a problem downstairs judging by all the notifications.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Yeah I'm sure there are a number of people who just don't use it full stop who might be willing to rent one out for less if they saw an advert. Someone had suggested to me that I claim I'll be using the space for both a moped/motorcyle and a car, which might allow me to get two fobs?

I know there is always the argument of using the space belonging to another apartment, however I've been living there for three years and I know of about two or three parking spaces at have been vacant the whole time.

If the lease includes one parking space, you are only entitled to have one vehicle there. Either rent a space or move elsewhere. To use a second space unlicensed would be trespass.

• Advertisement

As I mentioned above, our landlord has arranged parking for us, but I appreciate the relocation advice all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I agree with the above and thought the going rate would be at least €90 p.m., especially so close to the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 pendo19

Hi does anyone know if I am able to Buy or long lease a parking spot in Smithfield Market Block E Parking. I'm looking to buy an apartment there but there is no parking space with it.

Any Help is much appreciated

Owen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Does it have to be parked there?

My complex on Parkgate Place, Parkgate street has a few places for rent @ €50 a month. Just down the road a bit , but might not meet your convenience needs. Fob will prob come with the place or can be purchased for about €10.

Does it have to be parked there?

My complex on Parkgate Place, Parkgate street has a few places for rent @ €50 a month. Just down the road a bit , but might not meet your convenience needs. Fob will prob come with the place or can be purchased for about €10.

Hi yeah I think it would be best to have it in the same complex. Thanks for the info though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭lau1247

pendo19 wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know if I am able to Buy or long lease a parking spot in Smithfield Market Block E Parking. I'm looking to buy an apartment there but there is no parking space with it.

Any Help is much appreciated

Owen

speak with the management company if you want to buy one.. should be possible, just expensive.

As for lease:

http://www.daft.ie/parking/smithfield-market-smithfield-dublin/14743/
    http://www.daft.ie/parking/block-f-smithfield-market-smithfield-dublin/14712/
    http://www.daft.ie/parking/smithfield-market-smithfield-dublin/15010/

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭lau1247

Hi,

I'm living in Block E of the Smithfield Market complex. We have one parking space with the apartment, however we now have an absolute requirement for two cars. Does anybody have any advice on getting an extra space without paying the extortionate prices of rental (€90 a month for an extra parking space is too much for me).

have a look at the noticeboard.. sometimes I see them crop up (Not block E though) for 80 per month if that helps.. probably is negotiable.. what's the harm in trying..

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

lau1247 wrote: »
    have a look at the noticeboard.. sometimes I see them crop up (Not block E though) for 80 per month if that helps.. probably is negotiable.. what's the harm in trying..

Cheers will have a look when I move in. Was looking for a long term solution but will have to go for yearly rental by the looks of it.

Cheers

Advertisement