Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting back into it...

Options
  • 20-05-2013 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

So on Saturday I hopped up on the mare after about 5 yrs out of a saddle (she hasn't gone unused for that long btw just me!) and I want to get back into it full time again. So few questions for those that are still at it!

What's the rate for lessons these days? Bare in mind I was riding for 15yrs before my break so not looking for basic lessons, looking for prices on jumping lessons & just trying to get my seat & all back properly. Private & group, just a rough idea please if anyone knows.

Also gear? Where are people buying these days for the best deals? Any good sites online?

Thanks in advance. Really looking forward to getting back out there if anyone is interested in a group lesson in the wicklow area gimme a shout too, I'll make some enquiries otherwise I might try bump into one already running somewhere!

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Average prices of group lessons are about €35
    Private lessons would be €40+.

Tri Equestrian is great for anything horse & rider related

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Hi Jemmy! Have you considered one or two basic(ish) lessons before moving up again? I know you said you rode before but you would be surprised how much balance and strength you lose when you stop for a while.
    Lessons can vary depending on the equestrian centre so do shop around, unless recommended. I know my local centre is about €23 for a group lesson and €45 for a private lesson.
    For gear, I really do shop around. There's such a variance in prices in different shops. Online, there's a thread in this forum http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056845101

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

sup_dude wrote: »
    Hi Jemmy! Have you considered one or two basic(ish) lessons before moving up again? I know you said you rode before but you would be surprised how much balance and strength you lose when you stop for a while.
    Lessons can vary depending on the equestrian centre so do shop around, unless recommended. I know my local centre is about €23 for a group lesson and €45 for a private lesson.
    For gear, I really do shop around. There's such a variance in prices in different shops. Online, there's a thread in this forum http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056845101

Ah I can get myself back up to scratch on the flat schooling etc that's not a problem (competed all disciplines in Pony Club, IPS, Riding club for yrs), myself & the mare are a bit stiff so we won't be jumping any 1.20m classes anytime soon but I will need help to get back into the jumping mindframe again so a few lessons after we get going again would be perfect!

Thanks for the advice though, I'll have to make a few calls over the next few wks. I'll check out that thread too.

:D

Advertisement