Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facial scrub

• 20-05-2013 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm on the hunt for a facial scrub. I have dry, flaky patches on my forehead (between my brows), on the sides of my nose and my chin.

I usually use the Neutrogena Gentle Exfoliating Wash but it doesn't help with the dry flakes. I usually use it every two days and then thought maybe it was the cause of the dry patches, so I stopped using it and there is still no difference. I stopped using it last week and only used once at the weekend and there's no difference at all, except that my skin felt smoother/softer, obviously from the exfoliating.

I have an oily t-zone and acne so don't use any products with oil in them as it only makes the t-zone/acne worse.

Can anyone recommend any tried and tested scrubs/washes etc that would help with the dry flakes?

I moisturise my face daily and wash with plain water. I used a Clarins cleanser to remove/clean my face and then wash it. I make sure my face is fully clean and make-up free before moisturising.

I'd appreciate any help and suggestions.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

I love botanics scrub. It's like there's little grains of sand in it and takes away any rough patches I may get on my face. It's only €6 so it's worth a try :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Ella wrote: »
    I love botanics scrub. It's like there's little grains of sand in it and takes away any rough patches I may get on my face. It's only €6 so it's worth a try :)

Which scrub is it? As there's a few of them in my local Boots, want to make sure I get the right one lol :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

I like the St Ives apricot scrub :) Seems to always be voted Product of the Year too

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Which scrub is it? As there's a few of them in my local Boots, want to make sure I get the right one lol :)

Ill post a pic if it when I get home :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I love Soap and Glory Scrub your Nose in it, works great on my skin which sounds the same as yours! It's not just for your nose as the name suggests, although it definitely gets rid of visible pores on the nose, I've found it great to gently clear flaky patches on my forehead, chin, and on either side of my nose. The grains are small and not too sharp if that makes sense.
    You can leave it on for a few minutes like a mask too.
    It smells of peppermint which is very refreshing. It's often on 3 for 2 at Boots which helps as it's quite expensive (around 9 euro for a tube that lasts me 2-3 months using it every second day), but as far as I know you can get a small size for travel which would be a cheaper way of trying it to see if it suits you :)
    http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp?itemid=105120

• Advertisement

Thanks so much everyone, really appreciate all the replies.
    bscm wrote: »
    I like the St Ives apricot scrub :) Seems to always be voted Product of the Year too
    Do you mind me asking where you get this? I used to use it and absolutely loved it, was my fave scrub but then the pharmacy I got it stopped stocking St. Ives and I can't find it anywhere now.

My local Boots only sell a few St Ives products and not one of them is the apricot scrub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Toast, they have it in my local Tesco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

I normally get the St Ives scrub in Tesco

This is the one I was talking about, Toast.

Thanks a million everyone. I was in Boots and decided to take a wander around by the skincare and on the very bottom shelf there was three St Ives products, one being the apricot scrub so I snapped it up. Delighted.

Hopefully they'll get more in as its the first time in a long time that I have seen it in Boots.

Going to check out that Botanics scrub too, always handy to have a back up :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement