Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 Information

Options
  • 20-05-2013 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Guys, Myself and two friends are hoping to head to NY on the 5th of June. We are looking at Montauk but have no jobs/accommodation sorted yet. Does anyone know from previous experience of anywhere to look before we head? We heard accommodation is especially hard to get so any help with that would be great!

We were also offered jobs in Islip and Huntington but we don't know anything about either of these places. Does anyone know if J1 students go to either of these places or if there's much craic about?

Any help at all would be appreciated! Thanks a mill :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 badgerbadger27

I am in a similar position aswell.

my main problem is in getting a job. are there any good websites that can help you get a job or how did you manage to get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AlisonGarvey

My friend just googled restaurants around long Island and came across a place that she emailed. They said they'd try to sort us out with something but their restaurants are in Islip and Huntington? I haven't heard of any J1 students heading there so I was just wondering if anyone knew much about either place.

I think for getting jobs, our best bet is googling local restaurants/ bars in the different areas around Long Island or wherever you plan to go and send in your resume. We haven't gotten great response yet apart from the one place so I'd say we'll have to wait till we get there! :/

Advertisement