Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat missing in Sallynoggin area

Options
  • 20-05-2013 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi - hopefully this post is in the right place!

One of my 2 cats went missing yesterday and although I wouldn't normally be worried after just one night, we are new to the area and it was only his second day out of the house. I'm hoping someone could help.

He's a small black cat with white socks, chest and facial markings. He's called Jeff and is usually very friendly (although he might be a bit spooked after a night out in a new area). He was wearing a red velvet flea collar at the time. I doubt he'd venture far beyong sallynoggin / glenageary but you never know!

If you do see him please do let me know (PM or post here).

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

Ms_OBT wrote: »
    Hi - hopefully this post is in the right place!

One of my 2 cats went missing yesterday and although I wouldn't normally be worried after just one night, we are new to the area and it was only his second day out of the house. I'm hoping someone could help.

He's a small black cat with white socks, chest and facial markings. He's called Jeff and is usually very friendly (although he might be a bit spooked after a night out in a new area). He was wearing a red velvet flea collar at the time. I doubt he'd venture far beyong sallynoggin / glenageary but you never know!

If you do see him please do let me know (PM or post here).

Thank you!

I cant say if was your cat or not, but there was a cat with a similar description sitting in my garden yesterday evening as I was moving in. Im new to the area so I dont know if it is a local cat or not. But noone has mentioned another cat in the building.

If you have a pic I can tell you yes or no.

He looked in good health, uninjured and exploring.

This is at crosthwaite park, so it could be quite near.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ms_OBT

Thanks so much - I've attached a picture!

I'd be surprised if he did venture so far but then again he may well have.

well, no, sorry, wasn't that cat. Similar but not the same.

Cats often do this, take off for a while to look around. Even the most coddled cat can be self sufficient. So I wouldn't fret too much, keep a window open and food out for him. He should come back when he gets bored, he'll be out chasing bugs in the sun no doubt.

Ill keep an eye out for him tho. hope he's not gone too long.

might want to post something in the animal and pet thread if you are allowed. they might be able to offer advice.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=240

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ms_OBT

He's back. Ravenous, but otherwise safe and sound ))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Ms_OBT wrote: »
    He's back. Ravenous, but otherwise safe and sound ))

So glad he's returned. I was hoping we'd get a positive update. I'd be devastated if my cat went missing. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Good news:)....you might consider having him microchipped for peace of mind.;)

http://www.dspca.ie/microchipping

glad to hear he's back safe.

Advertisement