Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP! Passport damaged and moving to canada in 4 weeks!

Options
  • 20-05-2013 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My friend has a damaged passport but has his LOI and everything already sorted and were due to leave in 4 weeks. What does he have to do to get sorted? :eek:

I wouldn't normally worry but the back page where the photo is is cracked and everything. Would he need to get a new one and also what does he need to do with his visa? any help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

I'd get a new one to be safe, you should never really travel with a damaged passport. If he does get a new one just bring a photocopy of the current one when entering Canada, explain what happened and he should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

He will get to keep the old one. They just cut the corners off it and stamp 'Cancelled' on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

hey Kev_2012,

What joy did you have with a new passport and moving to Canada? Did they give you any hassle at the border? What did you bring with you?

Cheers
    Fergus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

fergusb wrote: »
    hey Kev_2012,

What joy did you have with a new passport and moving to Canada? Did they give you any hassle at the border? What did you bring with you?

Cheers
    Fergus

It was actually my friend! But yeah, he applied and got his new one and they send back the old one so he just took that one with him as well just incase. You just let them know what happened at the border. Immigration, in Vancouver anyway is fairly relaxed so I wouldn't worry too much! They didn't even check our, insurance or funds or anything, just the LOI and Passport I think

Advertisement