Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre product (cabinet launch only for now?)

Options
  • 20-05-2013 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi,

I live in Douglas, Cork which is part of Phase 1 of the FTTC which launches today. Because I live very close to the Douglas exchange itself, my line is directly fed from the exchange. There are no cabinets of any kind in between. It seems like todays launch is a 'cabinet only' launch and doesn't include people who would need to connect to VDSL2 equipment in the physical exchange itself. So my question is, when will eircom be installing/enabling VDSL2 equipment in the physical exchanges to facilitate customers who are directly fed from the exchange?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

finbarrc wrote: »
    Hi,

I live in Douglas, Cork which is part of Phase 1 of the FTTC which launches today. Because I live very close to the Douglas exchange itself, my line is directly fed from the exchange. There are no cabinets of any kind in between. It seems like todays launch is a 'cabinet only' launch and doesn't include people who would need to connect to VDSL2 equipment in the physical exchange itself. So my question is, when will eircom be installing/enabling VDSL2 equipment in the physical exchanges to facilitate customers who are directly fed from the exchange?

Hi finbarrc

I checked your details from a previous case. I checked with our networks team and they confirmed that your address is connected via a cabinet.

I have sent on the details our team to check availability. It may take some time to investigate but I will let you know as soon as I get an update.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 34 finbarrc

Hi finbarrc

I checked your details from a previous case. I checked with our networks team and they confirmed that your address is connected via a cabinet.

I have sent on the details our team to check availability. It may take some time to investigate but I will let you know as soon as I get an update.

Thanks, Mark
    Ok thanks Mark.  Let me know when you have an update.

Ok thanks Mark.  Let me know when you have an update.

Hi finbarrc

It is taking a bit of time but as soon as the efibre team get back to me I will let you know.

Mark

Hi finbarrc

It is taking a bit of time but as soon as the efibre team get back to me I will let you know.

Mark
    Hi Mark,

Do you have any update on this?

Hi Mark,

Do you have any update on this?
    Hi finbarrc

We are still working on the system issue regarding efibre visibility to some address' Would it be possible to call 1890 260 260 (option 1) as they have been placing some orders through secondary systems for this scenario.

I have sent another follow up.

Let me know how the call goes.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi finbarrc

We are still working on the system issue regarding efibre visibility to some address' Would it be possible to call 1890 260 260 (option 1) as they have been placing some orders through secondary systems for this scenario.

I have sent another follow up.

Let me know how the call goes.

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark

Call didn't go well. He just threw me back to sales and wouldn't listen at all. I've already registered my interest, sales cannot do anymore so calling them is useless. The real problem here is that anyone who lives close to the Douglas exchange itself which is basically the whole of Douglas village cannot avail of fibre broadband and that is just ridiculous. They clearly haven't enabled/installed the VDSL2 equipment in the physical Douglas exchange yet, so only lines that are connected to cabinets can get installed for now. Not good and nobody is admitting that either, which is also not good when it is blatently obvious!

Hi Mark

Call didn't go well. He just threw me back to sales and wouldn't listen at all. I've already registered my interest, sales cannot do anymore so calling them is useless. The real problem here is that anyone who lives close to the Douglas exchange itself which is basically the whole of Douglas village cannot avail of fibre broadband and that is just ridiculous. They clearly haven't enabled/installed the VDSL2 equipment in the physical Douglas exchange yet, so only lines that are connected to cabinets can get installed for now. Not good and nobody is admitting that either, which is also not good when it is blatently obvious!

Hi finbarrc

Can you PM me with your telephone number and the address in question just to confirm the details logged previously on our case system for your username are correct.

Thanks, Mark

Hi finbarrc

Can you PM me with your telephone number and the address in question just to confirm the details logged previously on our case system for your username are correct.

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark,

A PM has been sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi Mark,

A PM has been sent.
    Hi finbarrc, 

Mark is not in today, he will come back to you tomorrow when he has gone through his PM's 

Thanks 

Tracey

Hi finbarrc, 

Mark is not in today, he will come back to you tomorrow when he has gone through his PM's 

Thanks 

Tracey

Hi finbarrc

Thanks for sending on the details. The information we had on your previous case was correct.  However I checked with the networks team and unfortunately the confirmed the cabinet is not connected to efibre. There was an issue with the address system.

There is no indication as to when the address / cabinet may be connected to the efibre network. Sorry for the delay in clarifying, also that it is not better news.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement