Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite Reign - Syndicate Wars "Spiritual Successor"?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Shiminay wrote: »
    I have given them 50 of my Earth Euros.

It dawned on me as I submitted that I spend more money on Kickstarter games than I do on "AAA" games as I now wait 2 months before I buy them new :)
    I've found I tend to fund (as I've yet to see one complete) a game every two months or so; which is funny because I don't buy games in steam sales "because I won't have time to play them" but I keep on funding Kickstarter games :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I reeeeeally hope they get the destructible environments stretch goal. Thinking of upping my pledge. First time iv ever funded anything on kickstarter, it's kind of addictive checking the pledge counter - i can only imagine what it's like for the devs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

They're well on the way, and I'm sure Paypal donations will help get them over the edge if they don't screw up spectacularly.

I'm so excited!

264502.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Nody wrote: »
    I've found I tend to fund (as I've yet to see one complete) a game every two months or so; which is funny because I don't buy games in steam sales "because I won't have time to play them" but I keep on funding Kickstarter games :P

Don't worry, by the time the games are released I'm sure you'll have your backlog cleared :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Branoic wrote: »
    I reeeeeally hope they get the destructible environments stretch goal. Thinking of upping my pledge. First time iv ever funded anything on kickstarter, it's kind of addictive checking the pledge counter - i can only imagine what it's like for the devs!
    Well at only 13k away with 20h to go I'd very surprised if they failed to be honest.

• Advertisement

There's a good £6,500 racked up on the Paypal end of things too, they're really closer to 6-7K away.

May have to switch to Paypal for the pledge myself actually, The Kickstarter is really badly timed with my pay day. Another day or two of grace and I won't have to survive on Tesco brand noodles for a fortnight...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

I just jumped in at the £60 level for two copies. I've also been bitten by the Kickstarter bug. I've backed about 10 games in the last 3 months!

This one is strange as I didn't see it until today. If it wasn't for this thread I would've missed it. Thanks OP!

Enviromental destruction confirmed as completed; now it's time to push for new factions :)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's funded; sadly did not hit the 500k target by the looks of it though :(

Good news for anyone who missed to pledge; they will leave their paypal pleding site open to let people pledge until the game goes live (and help meet more stretch goals; yay!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's funded; sadly did not hit the 500k target by the looks of it though :(

Paypal funding is still ongoing, sure you can still back project eternity through paypal. Im sure they will hit it at any rate, they have just under 40k to get it.

Aye, went with Paypal in the end to allow for payday shenanigans. It was worth it too; I haven't logged in to Paypal in ages, so I was surprised to find I'd a little cash still sitting in there. Made for a nice little 'discount' on my collector's edition to be.

That, and the relatively quiet backers forum has some decent content on it for now. Thanks to that I am now aware of Abducted By Sharks, who produce some really quite lovely dystopian future style music. So it all worked out for everyone in the end. And it looks like they're somewhere around the new factions/areas stretch goal including Paypal. Huzzah!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

So they've posted up a pre-alpha video of this, looks like it's on the right track.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I want to see the Gauss gun

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Another pre alpha video, this time with added gameplay.

Still looks like it's on the right track.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

That video has me very excited

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,593 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It really does look like Syndicate 2014, doesn't it? Even in this early form it looks the business; the sneaky option seems a tad fiddly, but hey, it's early-alpha so no doubt much will change.

Ooh, that's looking good. Framerate looked a bit low but meh, it's pre-alpha.

Just got an email saying they're releasing the pre-alpha today to backers on the beta tier. I *think* that includes me, but I'll have to get home from work before finding out. The video from last week must have been quite popular.

Edit: checked my Paypal emails, yup, that includes me. I shall have a go tonight.

This hits steam early access on the 11th, looking forward to getting my steam key.

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    This hits steam early access on the 11th, looking forward to getting my steam key.

Ugh as much as I hate early access, I will be getting this.

Out tomorrow. Get hype

Out tomorrow. Get hype
    Not going to play it until it's finalized completely; don't want to ruin the Syndicate experience by overplaying it in early access!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Not going to play it until it's finalized completely; don't want to ruin the Syndicate experience by overplaying it in early access!

Same here

In a perfect world, that would be the case for me. I absolutely hate early access games but I'm too excited about this.

I'll give it a shot, and if I think it requires any polish, then I'll hold off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

My first and last early access was Starbound.

Never forgive, never forget...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Played an early version of this for about an hour two weeks ago. Really has te syndicate feel I have to say. Didn't play too much as I didn't wanna spoil bilut so far so good.

Oh and the music is brilliant

My first and last early access was Starbound.

Never forgive, never forget...

Rust, DayZ, Castle Story.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me; fool me three times....

This will be the fourth :pac:

• Advertisement

Still needs an awful lot of polish, but the basics are there and are solid.

Will wait until it's done, and I'm definitely looking forward to it now.

Advertisement