Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite Reign - Syndicate Wars "Spiritual Successor"?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,962 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I've waited since 1997, I think I can wait a bit longer until it's finished :D

Ugh. Utterly unplayable on my aging laptop. Early Access strikes again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Made the purchase will spend today playing it. If you are getting it buy it from humble bundle store not steam it's a few euro cheaper.

Rust, DayZ, Castle Story.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me; fool me three times....

This will be the fourth :pac:

I remember when early access meant you got "earlier" access (maybe a month or two) to a game that might not have all its features or 100% of the polish finalized but the game was more or less there.

Now it is pretty much rolled out as soon as they have one location semi designed.

This is so broken the save game function isn't working, every time I get about 2 objectives the game locks up and needs to be restarted, but because the save option doesn't work you go back and play the same two objectives over and over until it crashes again.

:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

New video and update is out. Will continue waiting.

• Advertisement

I think I'll just put this game out of my mind for a year

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I think I'll just put this game out of my mind for a year

Time to put it back in your mind. It's just gone into Beta, and now has a release date of 28th August.

New video as well, have to admit, it looks and sounds amazing.

Will give the beta a miss and just wait until the actual release before playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

That synth line though \m/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

CatInABox wrote: »
    Will give the beta a miss and just wait until the actual release before playing.
    And the first patch or two most likely; can't wait for it though and so happy I backed it!

The new launch trailer.

It's out in ten days time, and still looks amazing. Not sure I'll get to it anytime soon though now, have decided to start the Witcher 2, and am about to run out of free time in my personal life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Woot Woot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

This is definitely one I'll be picking up at some time, looks amazing. Syndicate was one of my favourite games back on the Amiga.

Been playing it a lot this week and it has come on leaps and bounds, looking forward to the full release update in a few days. I just completed the first region and have moved on to the next section of town so I hope I don't have to do a full restart.

I like the different approaches to missions you can take. I raided a bank last night. Zip lined the sniper across to a roof top, and had him take out the camera's, got the engineer to sneak around the back and kill the power. Hacked the gates & rushed in with UZI's blasting to kill the guards before they could call for back up, and made off with the loot.

Blew it all on Upgrades in the black market though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Awesome! I have the game but wanted to hold off until the actual release to play it. Childhood nostalgia incoming!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm gonna give this a look this evening, supported it on Kickstarter back in the day and I've left it on the back burner since.

I wonder will there be a huge difference between the current build on the one on release? I've held off so far

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'm still waiting for the live release (and any last minute patches) but yea, happy to have backed it for sure!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Played an hourish of it earlier. It's not bad, controls were slightly fiddly and I couldn't figure out when weapons were or weren't drawn and so kept getting shot.

Shiminay wrote: »
    Played an hourish of it earlier. It's not bad, controls were slightly fiddly and I couldn't figure out when weapons were or weren't drawn and so kept getting shot.

Hit the space bar and they will all pull their guns out , tap it again and they will put them away quickly. Watch the colour of the bar at the bottom (the boxes that shows their faces) it turns red when guns are out and goes back when you put them away. Hit space a few times and watch it, it takes a little getting used to but when you see it you will find it much easier.

Also if you have a ! Symbol in the bar on the left of each face, this is the alert status and you are being actively searched for, so cameras are scanning for your face, if they find you or see a gun they call the guards, so hide or start hacking the security network so you can roam more freely.

First thing to do for anyone who starts playing is to set up the relay points. You can then click on them and fast travel around the map. You can evenvfast travel by selecting them from the map screen.

Version 1 just downloaded for me on steam. Is this the full release?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Version 1 just downloaded for me on steam. Is this the full release?

Yeah i think so. Patch 1.0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Does it go fairly indepth like the old games with like body modifications and implants etc I remember playing it on the PlayStation or snes (?) both maybe been a while

Where's the robotic UZI, UZI, UZI, MINIGUN, MINIGUN, PULSE LASER when your selecting weapons?

2/10

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Does it go fairly indepth like the old games with like body modifications and implants etc I remember playing it on the PlayStation or snes (?) both maybe been a while

Yup you need to rob prototypes or blueprints then research the equipment to use. But it's expensive so you need to build an income.

how the feck do i fast travel ? i cant find any info on it, saw some one say hover over the relay beacons you set up on the map for the option but i get no option for it =/

Had a quick look at it there, the game is under 1g in size :eek: Fiddled with the video settings and this game made me realize how badly i have to upgrade my PC :mad: Set it to ultra and had to turn off all of the additional effects like bloom, flares and SSAO. Just shadows and FXAA1 enabled for it to be smooth at 60fps, also has my CPU running warm

Otherwise looks great, cant wait to get stuck in later tonight

how the feck do i fast travel ? i cant find any info on it, saw some one say hover over the relay beacons you set up on the map for the option but i get no option for it =/

Move your guys beside a relay beacon. Click on another relay beacon. The option should appear to you.

Shocked at how much of a system hog this game is. With everything turned off and the main graphic quality preset on low i can't get the game to have a constant 60fps. And even if i could get 60fps out of it with everything reduced like this the game looks like **** and wouldn't even be worth playing in that state. I meet the recommended system reqs so something must be amiss here. **** im pissed

so enjoying it so far, felt like an idiot when i realised i just rick click the fecking relay points to fast travel :P Its very hard though i did most of the stuff in the first district i think, then restarted just because i had a better grasp of it. i like how you can hijack people and use them as clones or agents. im assuming you can hijack people with better stats as you go along. really good remake so far they really got that syndicate feel down.

• Advertisement

so enjoying it so far, felt like an idiot when i realised i just rick click the fecking relay points to fast travel :P Its very hard though i did most of the stuff in the first district i think, then restarted just because i had a better grasp of it. i like how you can hijack people and use them as clones or agents. im assuming you can hijack people with better stats as you go along. really good remake so far they really got that syndicate feel down.

Yeah in the menu where you change weapons you can chose clone and get a new body with better stats. The more you die the worse the clone gets so change after a few deaths.

Also you can fast travel from the map click the relay becon and select it. Much easier than doing it in game. Once you crack that the gameplay speeds up a lot.

Advertisement