Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work disciplinary

Options
  • 20-05-2013 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all,
    I'm currently signed off work sick, I'm also already on a written warning which is due to expire this Thursday 23/05/13 and I'm wondering if any of knowledgable people out there can inform me whether or not my warning will expire while I'm off or will it carry over until I'm back....?

Thanks in advance, Danny.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Dansuz707 wrote: »
    Hello all,
    I'm currently signed off work sick, I'm also already on a written warning which is due to expire this Thursday 23/05/13 and I'm wondering if any of knowledgable people out there can inform me whether or not my warning will expire while I'm off or will it carry over until I'm back....?

Thanks in advance, Danny.

Danny, I've created a new thread for you as you had your full email address as the username in the other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

[mod edit: original post added]
    When ever the written warning ends it ends on said date, even if your out sick/holidays etc.. it won't be carried,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

Should expire but it's not as if these things are written in stone. There are reasons why an employer can look at, even lapsed, previous disciplinary action. I suggest if you are currently in the midst of disciplinary action you consult FLAC (www.flac.ie) and follow their advice to the letter, ensure you are represented in any hearings and that witnesses are properly cross examined.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

thread cleaned up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I would suspect that it will carry over, but i imagine it varies from Employer to employer and how serious the disciplinary matter was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 n3llo

Thank you everyone, I've since spoken with HR and the warning that is in place at present will expire on said date....

• Registered Users Posts: 13 n3llo

On another topic, has anyone ever had a kerosene oil spill in their garden where 3rd parties are involved ie terraced house situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

think you're in the wrong forum mate!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement