Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Irish Bank Lodgement Question

Options
  • 20-05-2013 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Our landlord is with National Irish Bank. We will be lodging our first months rent this Friday and I was wondering, where can we do this? Since they are now Danske, is it any post office? I work out in Blanchardstown and there's a post office on the main street that pops up on Danske's website when you type in the location.

We're making our first payment manually as our online banking for our joint current account isn't fully set up yet so;

- If I make a manual transfer in the post office will it go into the NIB account immediately or is there a delay?

- Our joint account is with BOI so for future online payments, how long before the rent due date should we make the online transfer. Same day or a couple of days before?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I just rang Danske and they said I can only lodge using the post office if I have a lodgement book from our landlord. If I manually transfer in BOI will it go in the same day?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

It would usually take 3 days to go between banks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Deposits for NIB (Danske) bank are immediate if done at the post office.

When i've transfered from Ulster bank and KBC to Danske it is in my account the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

shuffles03 wrote: »
    - If I make a manual transfer in the post office will it go into the NIB account immediately or is there a delay?

I can only say that when i make a cash deposit to my own danske account in the post office it usually goes through in no more than an hour.

Advertisement