Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fresh scarification! (not for squeamish)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Fair play on having the balls to go through with it.

Can't say I like the look of scarification, though Day 12's photo looks a lot less patchy than previous pics, but each to their own and it's good to hear you're happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

2013-07-04020527.jpg

DAY FORTY-SEVEN!

Fresh update! Had the piece for just over a month, and you can see that the shape doesn't look that different. However, the texture has undergone drastic changes. Over the last two weeks, it's steadily become more pronounced, and you can easily feel it through a shirt. There was some mild aching in the morning at times, as it had been stretched while I slept. Scarring is relatively consistent, and the inconsistencies would be very hard to spot if it wasn't for the symmetrical nature of the piece.

Friday, I plan to go in to get the empty segments filled and get some touching up on the bits that scarred more lightly. Plan is to use biopsy punches to create a pattern of dots in the two blank segments, using slightly smaller sizes for the side that stretches and will scar more thickly. As regards the touching up, the plan is to do as little as possible, as we can always thicken the scars later if we need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

It looks really well! It's not something that I'd ever consider and it's also something that I thought I wouldn't like the look of at all so my interest in this thread has surprised me! Fair play to you man!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

looks gorgeous. loving it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

993616_560870067287630_1691225956_n.jpg

DAY SIXTY:

Finally got around to getting more work on my scar!

The dots are the freshest, and they were flesh-removals done with dermal punches. They hurt, but they were pretty quick. The outline of the scar was also touched up lightly in places, with hopes of stimulating more keloiding.

This session took about half an hour to do, and the plan is to see how the touching up reacts with the piece, then either do more of the same or change tactics if it doesn't produce the desired effect.

• Advertisement
Advertisement