Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weed killer around hornbeam

• 20-05-2013 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi I've planted hornbeam it's only about 90cm can I spray weed killer around the base to stop grass growing up around it..., I was using grass clipping but it looks a bit messy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

bazmc35 wrote: »
    Hi I've planted hornbeam it's only about 90cm can I spray weed killer around the base to stop grass growing up around it..., I was using grass clipping but it looks a bit messy
    Use bark chippings and a circle of weed control cloth.
    Better for you and the tree.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Use bark chippings and a circle of weed control cloth.
    Better for you and the tree.

Hornbeam,Mypex and Barkchip........Ta-Dah.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭SmithySeller

bazmc35 wrote: »

Yes you can. I do it around my Beech every year. If you hit a leaf, it will just kill that leaf. Go easy on a slow setting and you're grand. It was the lad that owns my Local Nursery that told me to do it. He suggested Weedol, I use Round-Up with no issue.

Advertisement