Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant applications open for 2013/2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SuSi: Reps

That's great John, I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue and complete the application. :)

Unfortunately we don't have a time frame for this as every assessment will be unique to each applicant. It won't be too long of a wait.

If you get worried and fear too much time has passed you can private mail me your details and I can give you a status update. In order to view your application I will need the following details.

W reference number:
    D.O.B:
    Address:
    Mother's Maiden Name:

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Abracastabya

Should I apply now? going back in september hopefully, depending on my application throught the CAO. In receipt of jobseekers at the minute. Should I apply throught the grant application too now then?

Hi Abracastabya,

You don't need to have your place in college to apply for the grant. Just put down your first choice and this will suffice. The deadline for applying is the 01/08/2013 but the quicker you submit your application the quicker we can award you.

To apply you need to go to the following website: www.grantsonline.ie. First register an account with us and make note of your log in details. Then complete the application. You need to ensure you receive an email stating the application was submitted. This will confirm that we have your application on file.

I hope this information helps. If you would help with anything else please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

What happens if i put down my first choice and get my second? Should I be applying now then? This is for the student contribution I'm applying for is it, or is it for free fee's also?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

SuSi: Reps wrote: »
    That's great John, I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue and complete the application. :)

Unfortunately we don't have a time frame for this as every assessment will be unique to each applicant. It won't be too long of a wait.

If you get worried and fear too much time has passed you can private mail me your details and I can give you a status update. In order to view your application I will need the following details.

W reference number:
    D.O.B:
    Address:
    Mother's Maiden Name:

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

Thanks again Aoife. I'm sorry for being a pain.

• Advertisement

Hi Abracastabya,

You fill out the application with your first choice and if you accept a different course then you just alert to this. When you apply to SuSi you apply for the Fee grant, the Student Contribution and the Maintenance grant.

The Free Fee Scheme is arranged between the college and the Department of Education, we do not award this.

Hi JohnMc1,

You're very welcome. I'm here to help and answer your queries so please feel free to ask me any queries you have relating to the grant.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 WDR

Hi,

I've just been offered a place on a degree course in college in September as a mature student, as I was wondering about fees. I did a certificate course in the same college 16 years ago, which I dropped out of after 2 years without qualification.

Will I have to pay fees?

I note from the Citizen Information website that
    "You must be a first-time full-time undergraduate. (However, prior undergraduate qualifications may be taken into consideration where exemptions are provided to a student pursuing a higher undergraduate qualification, to a maximum of Level 8 on the National Framework of Qualifications.)"

Would I get my fees paid for if I fall into this category?

Thanks.

Hi WDR,

As you did not receive a qualification and have more than a five year gap between your last course and returning to college, you would be eligible to apply for the full grant. Obviously your grant award will then depend on the means test and meeting the other criteria of the SuSi grant.

If you have any other queries about this please don't hesitate to ask. The option to private mail me is also available.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 WDR

Many thanks Aoife!

You're very welcome and remember please contact me if you do have any other queries regarding the grant process.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 smallfort

Hey Aoife,
    How exactly do i go about getting all this sorted out,as in getting on the BTEA and all I'm waiting on confirmation of my place on my course still,but is there a deadline for me to have applied for all this???

Hi Smallfort,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

In order to receive BTEA you will need to contact your local Welfare Office as they handle that funding. You can apply for a SuSi grant while not having received your place in college. You just need to apply using your first choice and then once you accept your place you can update us.

If you have any questions going through the application don't hesitate to ask. The option to private mail me is also available. You will need to go to www.grantsonline.ie to apply for the SuSi grant.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

Do carers allowance and or disablement benefit count as means towards the full grant for a Hdip, i.e the €22,703

Hi Long Term Louth,

You can find the full list of incomes that we disregard at the following site: http://www.studentfinance.ie/downloads/1368781121/SI_159_of_2013_Student_Grant_Scheme_2013_Final.pdf.

Carers Allowance is disregarded but the Disability allowance is only disregarded if paid to the applicant. Also can you clarify what your linking the figure €22,703 to? This is the income level you need to be under in order to receive the special rate of the grant.

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

SuSi: Reps wrote: »
    Hi Long Term Louth,

You can find the full list of incomes that we disregard at the following site: http://www.studentfinance.ie/downloads/1368781121/SI_159_of_2013_Student_Grant_Scheme_2013_Final.pdf.

Carers Allowance is disregarded but the Disability allowance is only disregarded if paid to the applicant. Also can you clarify what your linking the figure €22,703 to? This is the income level you need to be under in order to receive the special rate of the grant.

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

Hi Sisi HelpDesk,

Thanks for the reply, only its disablement benefit not disability allowance I was inquiring about.

Hi Long Term Louth,

Disability Benefit is not on the disregarded list of incomes, it is only the allowance. If you click that link it is page 23 that shows the disregarded incomes.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Capelstreet5

Just a quick question. I filled out the online application form on www.grantsonline.ie/eseries but am unsure about one thing. I am planning a masters at Griffith College Dublin but did not see this on the drop down box but went ahead anyway. Are students at Griffith College not eligible for the grant?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Just a quick question. I filled out the online application form on www.grantsonline.ie/eseries but am unsure about one thing. I am planning a masters at Griffith College Dublin but did not see this on the drop down box but went ahead anyway. Are students at Griffith College not eligible for the grant?

My understanding is no

Because it is a private college it is not on the list of approved institutions

http://www.susi.ie/Susi/media/susi/SI-158-of-2013-Student-Support-Regulations-2013_Final.pdf?ext=.pdf

http://www.susi.ie/Students-aged-under-23/Approved-Colleges.aspx

SUSI themselves can confirm

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Anyone know when you find out if they are giving you a grant or not?

Hi Capelstreet5,

Unfortunately SuSi does not offer funding to private colleges. As Griffith College is a private institute, you will not be eligible to receive funding for the coming year.

Kind regards,
    Shane,
    SuSi Support

• Advertisement

bush wrote: »
    Anyone know when you find out if they are giving you a grant or not?

Hi Bush,

As the application process is completed on a queuing basis and application times will vary based on each applicants different circumstances, we cannot guarantee a specific timeframe.

If you wish, you can private message us with your Data Protection details and we can check your current application status.

The information we would require is:

- (W) Application number
    - Date of birth
    - Address
    - Your mother’s maiden name

Kind regards,
    Shane,
    SuSi Support

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sybiathriall

Hi,
    I submitted my application recently as a independent student because i have been studying for the last 4 years and living on my own, but previous to this I lived with my mother. I'm going on to do a masters and after i submitted my application i got the requests from susi. Seems like i need to register as a dependent student even though I haven't lived there in 4 years. So again talking to susi they told me to delete my application and resubmit a dependent one. I have logged in to my account and can not see anywhere there were i can delete. Can you help me please?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ross1986

Hi Aoife,

Sorry for hijacking the thread but I am applying as an Independent Mature Student (I'm 26 and have been renting a house since Sept 2012) and I have to submit proof of independent residency. I have a utility bill from March 2013 (as this was when I took over the bill from my housemate) and a letter from my landlord to confirm that I have been his tenant since Sept 2012, is this enough?

Thanks
    Ross

I submitted my application recently as a independent student because i have been studying for the last 4 years and living on my own, but previous to this I lived with my mother. I'm going on to do a masters and after i submitted my application i got the requests from susi. Seems like i need to register as a dependent student even though I haven't lived there in 4 years. So again talking to susi they told me to delete my application and resubmit a dependent one. I have logged in to my account and can not see anywhere there were i can delete. Can you help me please?

Hi Sybiathriall,

The information you received is correct. Once you enter college you must remain in the same status, unless you have a three year break from attending college.

In order to cancel your application you need to email support@susi.cdvec.ie and explain why you wish to cancel your application. To complete a new application you will need to register a new account using a different email address.

I hope this information helps and if you need any further assistance don't hesitate to ask. The option to private mail us is also available.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

Sorry for hijacking the thread but I am applying as an Independent Mature Student (I'm 26 and have been renting a house since Sept 2012) and I have to submit proof of independent residency. I have a utility bill from March 2013 (as this was when I took over the bill from my housemate) and a letter from my landlord to confirm that I have been his tenant since Sept 2012, is this enough?

Thanks
    Ross[/QUOTE]

Hi Ross1986,

Hijack away, I'm here to answer all your queries if I can. :)

Unfortunately a letter from your Landlord will not suffice. Do you have a lease agreement or has your Landlord registered you with the PRTB?

You will need a document from October 2012. If you need any help clarifying what documents will be accepted don't hesitate to contact us here. The option to private mail is also available.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

Got my letter today requesting further information. I'm going to gather my stuff and have it ready to go early in the week.

Hi JohnMc1,

If you need any help clarifying what is needed please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

Thanks Aoife. I will.

I'm living on my own do I put that address down is that the address they will be looking for proof of? Thing is, the postal situation around these apartments is dodgy enough many times letters go missing etc..

Could I put my parents address down and then explain to them when I send off my proof of address?

• Advertisement

Hi Abracastabya,

You will need to put down your address on the letter. If you're eligible for maintenance then we will decide if you’re adjacent or non-adjacent based on the home address you provide.

We can always regenerate a letter to your parent's address if you think you have not received a letter.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

Advertisement