Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant applications open for 2013/2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

Hi,

Having submitted all the requested documents i.e. bills etc, to Susi, how long will on average, one be waiting to seek confirmation of grant approval or otherwise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SuSi: Reps

Hi Long Term Louth,

Unfortunately we don't have a time frame as each applicant’s assessment will be unique to them. The process is a lot quicker this year so hopefully you won't have too long of a wait.

If you would like to check in with me here for status updates, I would be more than happy to update you. You will just need to mail me the following details, if you have not already:

W reference number:
    D.O.B:
    Address:
    Mother's Maiden Name:

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Abracastabya

I applied for a grant got the forms the whole lot back. But didn't get offered the course I wanted. Now I can get offered the course next summer if I repeat the year again. What are my options? I only get one chance of free fee's I believe, so don't want to mess it up by taking a course I might not stick at. Should I just ignore the application forms then if I'm not going to go ahead with susi this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Abracastabya

How do I cancel an application?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

You could email them with your application number and say you don't want to continue with the application?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

Hi I previously attended a level 8 course in 2008. I got no grant and paid fees myself. I had to leave as couldn't afford it.

I've been offered a place on course this sept a level 8 also. Can I still get a grant?

smyths wrote: »
    Hi I previously attended a level 8 course in 2008. I got no grant and paid fees myself. I had to leave as couldn't afford it.

I've been offered a place on course this sept a level 8 also. Can I still get a grant?

If you don't have a level 8 qualification already and as long as there is a full five clear years between you leaving the previous course and starting the new one you have a good chance of getting the grant, etc, subject to meeting the other criteria such as residency, nationality and income.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

paperclip2 wrote: »
    If you don't have a level 8 qualification already and as long as there is a full five clear years between you leaving the previous course and starting the new one you have a good chance of getting the grant, etc, subject to meeting the other criteria such as residency, nationality and income.

Is there any point in even mentioning it as I didn't complete the first year of it?

smyths wrote: »
    Is there any point in even mentioning it as I didn't complete the first year of it?

Under the rules of the scheme you have to declare all courses that you started. We cant really advocate anything that goes against those here on the forum. :)

You can double check your status with the Dept of Educations Student support unit in Tullamore. They can give you an idea as to your free fee/ grant status.

Tel: 057 9325317

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Any idea when we will get word on if our applications were successful?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭sugoo69

Dont know if I have done this correctly but I had a query regards BTEA & Grants. I have sent off for BTEA and have everyting reday to send off for grant - I know I can only get fees not maintenance if I get BTEA but as I wont know til August if IM getting BTEA and the documentation needs to be sent off to SUSI ASAP will I just send it off and cancel what I dont need??

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

sugoo69 wrote: »
    Dont know if I have done this correctly but I had a query regards BTEA & Grants. I have sent off for BTEA and have everyting reday to send off for grant - I know I can only get fees not maintenance if I get BTEA but as I wont know til August if IM getting BTEA and the documentation needs to be sent off to SUSI ASAP will I just send it off and cancel what I dont need??

Once you have ticked on the susi form that you are applying for btea I dont think its a big deal

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

I accepted my cao offer in 5-July, and susi provisionally approved on 25-july.

Should they already know about my cao acceptance or do you have to contact them once you are provisionally accepted to tell them what course you have accepted?

Hi GLine - There was an option in the CAO application fo the CAO to inform SUSI directly - I ticked this option on my mature student application and got my first choice on July 5th & it seemed to work ok. Having said that I rang SUSI yesterday and they had not processed my documents which where sent on Friday - they said they where working on post from 24th. Thinking about it I forgot to ask which month LOL! No harm to get that application off and just keep updating them. Do it via email so you have a record just on the off chance that there is a mistake later.

Hi GLine - There was an option in the CAO application fo the CAO to inform SUSI directly - I ticked this option on my mature student application and got my first choice on July 5th & it seemed to work ok. Having said that I rang SUSI yesterday and they had not processed my documents which where sent on Friday - they said they where working on post from 24th. Thinking about it I forgot to ask which month LOL! No harm to get that application off and just keep updating them. Do it via email so you have a record just on the off chance that there is a mistake later.

i did tick that box on cao now that i remember. Ive sent in everything to susi and accepted offer on cao and recieved a letter from cao confirming acceptance. Im just wondering why susi is still saying provisionally awarded and they are waiting for cao confirmation of acceptance? do i need to do anything or does it just take time?

Where do you see provisionally accepted? Is that on the SUSI website?

Susi are probably waiting for you register with the college before they confirm award. Hope it all goes smoothly for you. Have tosay it has been my experience to the contrary in both my son & daughters applications. To be fair we are from the UK so it makes it a bit non standard.

Where do you see provisionally accepted? Is that on the SUSI website?

Susi are probably waiting for you register with the college before they confirm award. Hope it all goes smoothly for you. Have tosay it has been my experience to the contrary in both my son & daughters applications. To be fair we are from the UK so it makes it a bit non standard.

Yeh on the Susi site is says provisionally approved. It says they will get the course information directly form CAO, so I dont think they are waiting for me to register as that is done with the university and nothing to do with the CAO system.
    If they get the info directly from CAO, then how long does it take to show up on the susi system? I accepted my course choice with CAO 20 days before my grant was approved, so I would have thought they'd have that info by now.

Typical - trying to check my susi application on line = DATABASE FAILURE!!

They bring crap on theselves

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭shawki

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

they have extended it untill Monday now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I am still awaiting a result. They received my Supplemental information on the 8th of July and it will take 30 working days to determine a result [I called them up last to find out of there was any news] So I probably won't know until the end of Aug. :(

I sent in my stuff on Monday 22 July they didnt record getting it til 31 July! Waiting on decision but if I dont get my grant I will seriously need to re think me options as I cant pay fees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

Did i leave it to late to know by September whether i will hear back from them. I completed the fist step
    (Application received and is being checked. 17 Jul 2013 ) 2 weeks now and have not heard back from them. Still have not been requested to send in photocopies of documents which is the next stage.

They are a law unto themselves dear Moonlighting - I think that time works on a completely different plain with SUSI.

They are a law unto themselves dear Moonlighting - I think that time works on a completely different plain with SUSI.

Yeh it does seem that way. There are still some students waiting on decisions from last year apparently.

I'd say SUSI are swamped at the moment though due to all the late applications (as the dates were extended), your best bet for anyone waiting I suppose would be to contact them directly, at least they can tell you if you need to do anything yourself to move along the process. If you dont then they will probably just say wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Does anyone know the postal address for susi to send documents? I was having trouble getting a document before the deadline so sent what I had. I need to send the missing document now. I cant find the address anywhere. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

They do seem to be very coy about having an address out there on the Interwebz - give them a call and ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

This is the one on their facebook page

SUSI PO BOX 12210, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Maldesu wrote: »
    This is the one on their facebook page

SUSI PO BOX 12210, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

38yo heading back to school, have all my paperwork in with susi and am at the "pending course approval" . Been accepted for a lvl5 course in the Carlow inst for further ed.

Just wondering what I need to do now, havent heard anything from susi ? Tbh not even sure if the course will qualify for a grant or not

Advertisement