Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread deleted?

Options
  • 20-05-2013 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

For the attention of Dav,

A thread of mine has disappeared from the Console Modding forum, I appreciate that you had to make some edits here and there but was deleting the thread really necessary? The thread concerned "mrmodchips" and online retailer who distributes mod chips and who's business practices are very questionable.

My thread served as a warning to fellow users of the Console Modding forum to steer clear of this individual, and rightly so. I have since washed my hands of "mrmodchips" so I won't go into the details of my experience as I'm sure you are aware.

I consider it a lesson learned, and as a result I do my research on companies weighing up good and bad experiences before ordering online.

Please reinstate my thread at your earliest convenience, I understand that if a thread appears to be defamatory the mods or administrators may intervene to edits posts or ultimately lock the thread - if the necessary edits were made and you were satisfied that the thread no longer appeared defamatory why did you proceed to remove it from the forum completely?

FYI the thread was entitled "Beware of mrmodchips".

Best regards
    Ryan
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

I made a post on the forum explaining my reasons for removal.

Advertisement