Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Visa Requirements

Options
  • 20-05-2013 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hello,

I currently work outside of Ireland in a Multinational Company with headquarters in the US. I'm considering a move to the US in order to work there perhaps around 5 years(if possible), and i know that my Visa will be handled internally by my Company. I currently am only a holder of a Higher Certificate after completing 2 years in College. I would like to know if this would meet the Visa Requirements in order to obtain the work visa in the US.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

With sufficient experience in your field, you should be fine- since you would be transfering with your company, you'd likely get a L1 visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 rogerbravo

I work in IT. 3 years currently at this Company and about 5 years overall experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭mikewest

Visas for internal company transfers usually pose no problems at all i.e. L1's

• Registered Users Posts: 43 rogerbravo

Thanks for the replies. My main fear on this was that i wouldn't be approved for the Visa with just a 2 Year Higher Certificate. From looking around online about the L1 Visa, it seems that a 4 year degree is not required as long as i can prove my specialized Knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭mikewest

rogerbravo wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. My main fear on this was that i wouldn't be approved for the Visa with just a 2 Year Higher Certificate. From looking around online about the L1 Visa, it seems that a 4 year degree is not required as long as i can prove my specialized Knowledge.

Proof of specialized knowledge usualy consists of the fact your company is willing to bring you to the US (or elsewhere in the world) and the visa process for any employee is normally a formality unless you have a criminal record, same name and date of birth as a "person of interest" etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement