Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are Eircom reps refusing people eFibre even though they are on the Swords exchang

Options
  • 20-05-2013 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Maybe you can clear it up.
    But of a joke that they are saying exchanges are live yet people on those very exchanges are ringing up to be told they can't get it.
    Lots of people are reporting that they are calling about eFibre today and getting told its not available in their area.
    Particular cases I know of are people on the swords exchange.
    Either it's live or it's not.
    Or can you let us know which parts of the swords exchange are not live.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

MMAGirl wrote: »
    But of a joke that they are saying exchanges are live yet people on those very exchanges are ringing up to be told they can't get it.
    Lots of people are reporting that they are calling about eFibre today and getting told its not available in their area.
    Exactly the same thing with the Drogheda Exchange. Eircom have really messed up this launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Same here - our area is labelled as available and connected to the Belcamp exchange (albeit on the edge of the coverage area, but still covered according to the map) but eFibre isn't available.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭PhilMcGee

Very dissapointed with this whole process.
    Im on an enabled exchange that supposedly went live today.
    Ringing around all the companies all day trying to get on fibre.
    Eventually I was told that my part of the exchange os not enabled.
    So it looks like they have only partially enabled the exchanges.  Those of us used to sh1t broadband are going to just have to get used to it.  Same old story from Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭booterboy

Same in Kilkenny City.Im with Digiweb and was thinking of getting the Eircom efibre BB package.
    So today I tried to order it online.No joy as it said it said my Housing estate could not be verified,so I could not continue with my order.
    Have two of the new fibre cabinets,one is 300 metres to the left of my house and the other is 400 metres to the right of my house.
    I live in Talbots Court Kilkenny.My estate is slap bang in the middle of 4 other housing estates surrounding mine so I tried each of those addresses when trying to input my order and each one showed up as being efibre enabled now.
    So I rang an Eircom Rep this evening and she ''checked' and said I must be on a different exchange.She said it might be a ''few months'' before my area is efibre enabled.
    I explained above but still got no joy.
    So I said to myself I may just order ''normal broadband''and wait until the efibre upgrade.
    Guess what I can't as theres no option to order online only efibre broadband.
    Can any Eircom rep on here help me out please,would appreciate it.

Yes, any chance of a word from an Eircom rep or are you just ignoring this?

• Advertisement

Any danger of a response here Eircom.  I have money waiting to give to somebody for fibre and nobody wants it.  I am on an enabled excchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

same problems getting eFibre in douglas exchange area in cork. any idea what cabinets are actually working ?

Why wont Eircom respond.
    THey wont tell me anything on the phone.  And they wont speak here
    Are those of us who have always been in the broadband wilderness just to be left there, even though we are on a so called enabled exchange.
    Poor, poor show Eircom.  Shame on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

What does it say on the map for your location? http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/

the_syco wrote: »
    What does it say on the map for your location? http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/

It says Efibre is now available.    Im well into the green area on the Swords exchange.
    Yet when I call them they just say my address doesnt show up.  I ask them to check by the number and then they say my area is not available yet.
    I ask them to confirm i am on the Swords exchange and they say yes i am.
    I ask when i will be able to get eFibre and they go blank and they just say "we'll call you when its live in your area."  Ive been getting that line for nearly 10 years about broadband as i am too far from the exchange.  Mow there is a new cabinet at lispopple cross just 500m from me and im still getting the brush off from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

MMAGirl wrote: »
    not all cabinets in swords have been upgraded to efibre yet, but they are being upgraded over the next few weeks. there is hundreds of cabinets in swords alone... it takes time to get them all upgraded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

PhilMcGee wrote: »
    It says Efibre is now available.    Im well into the green area on the Swords exchange.
    Yet when I call them they just say my address doesnt show up.  I ask them to check by the number and then they say my area is not available yet.
    I ask them to confirm i am on the Swords exchange and they say yes i am.
    I ask when i will be able to get eFibre and they go blank and they just say "we'll call you when its live in your area."  Ive been getting that line for nearly 10 years about broadband as i am too far from the exchange.  Mow there is a new cabinet at lispopple cross just 500m from me and im still getting the brush off from them.

Hi PhilMcGee,

The efibre map is a visual representation of the planned efibre roll out and phases

http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/

However not ever address / cabinet is connect to the efibre network.

Which is why we have the line checker is available to check the individual line address.

Work is ongoing to connect as many address' / cabinets as possible however there is no indication .

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Hi PhilMcGee,

The efibre map is a visual representation of the planned efibre roll out and phases

Which is why we have the line checker is available to check the individual line address.

Work is ongoing to connect as many address' / cabinets as possible however there is no indication .

Thanks, Mark
    hi Mark can you tell me when the Cobh exchange will be live, map used to say DEC 13 now its May-June 13

Thanks

Hi PhilMcGee,

Thanks, Mark

What I and everybody else who has been let down actually want to know is if our local cabinets are going to be enabled anytimome oe soon.
    Waiting years for Eircom to provide decent broadband in the area, then they make a big song and dance about the exchange being enabled for fibre.  Come launch day and we all think we are at last proper citizens in the broadband world, only to have our hopes dashed ... AGAIN.

So you'll forgive us all if we are a bit annoyed.
    But you can help by giving us a timeframe, so that we are not here sitting in hope and yet the cabinet could be years away from being enabled.
    Will the remaining cabinets oin enabled exchanges be enabled in days, weeks, months or years?
    Come  on, put us out of our misery please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi dave1982,

I have checked all the Fibre roll out files and they all indicate your upgrade is due for May-June '13.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Tracey, are you able to tell me when a specific cabinet will be commissioned so i can upgrade to eFibre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Tracey, are you able to tell me when a specific cabinet will be commissioned so i can upgrade to eFibre?

Hi SolvableKnave,

I can see you contacted us on the forum : http://bit.ly/16ZQ2Uy

We are unable to advise on when your cabinet will be available to offer efibre. 

Thanks

Al

Advertisement