Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appearance of Co.Wexford people

Options
  • 20-05-2013 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

As a result of the fact that many Vikings and Normans settled in Wexford,
    do you notice a difference in appearance of Wexford people and people from counties where not many Vikings and Normans settled?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Pappa Charlie

annelida wrote: »
    do you notice a difference in appearance of Wexford people and people from counties where not many Vikings and Normans settled?

Are you refering to the pink shirt tribe now to be seen in Dublin fighting with the shatter tribe!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I thought your title was referring to the newspaper - The Wexford People !

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

a lot more blondes in wexford, especially south, more norwegian looking ppl,

Murtinho wrote: »
    a lot more blondes in wexford, especially south, more norwegian looking ppl,

What? never spotted that ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

annelida wrote: »

All spud munchers as far as the eye can see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Certainly our politicians have no problem operating the slash and burn policies of those invaders, when dealing with the natives. it should be remembered that the Vikings and the Normans were essentially the same race, a bit like the Scots and the Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

vicwatson wrote: »
    What? never spotted that ;)

I lived a good for yrs in scandinavia and it's remarkable how similar the norwegians look to a lot of wexford ppl.

I lived a good for yrs in scandinavia and it's remarkable how similar the norwegians look to a lot of wexford ppl.

Poor scandanavians !!!!

*highly doubt your observations !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭long range shooter

Last time i looked,i couldnt see Any similarity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Last time i looked,i couldnt see Any similarity

There's a load of lads from Wexford working in Norway & Sweden these days,I say in a few years there will be a lot of similarities;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭long range shooter

zerks wrote: »
    There's a load of lads from Wexford working in Norway & Sweden these days,I say in a few years there will be a lot of similarities;)

Well i am Norwegian and have lived in Ireland for 13 years,i cant ser much Scandinavian influence here yet;)

Advertisement