Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Open All Bus Lanes to Bikers

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Don't really care if it is or isn't allowed. I use it anyway. No biggie, and never had a problem with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭stephen97

Odysseus wrote: »
    I have never had any issues using bus lanes, has anyone ever been stopped just for using one? I have often gone past a car that has been stopped for using the bus lane and had nothing said to me.
    sometimes the coppers on the bikes, while they are hiding waiting for cars, ive been pointed at and waved away from bus lane, never been stopped yet, but there is the possibility depending on which side of the bed the copper (garda) got out of bed, that you will be stopped and fined. or even that time of the month you know it, the last week of the month when coppers are going crazy just to fill in their books, like you wont see them for 3 weeks and then bang, they are like fly's on ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

As was said by OP....if you are acting the bollocks you will be hammered.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

Some people...:rolleyes::P

There's no such thing as road tax. We all pay Motor tax which is linked to Co2 emissions and engine size etc, which applies to bikes, cars etc. This motor tax has nothing to do with the roads or their conditions. Road maintenance comes from a different tax.

I always use bus lanes and have used them in front of the gardaí before and they've never said a word. One of those unwritten things, they fairly let you away with it unless you're acting the B****x.

Wouldn't want specific parking spots for bikes. There are some at liffey valley and there's nothing to even lock your bike to. Talk about a target zone for bike thieves. Personally I'm happy being able to throw it up on the footpath beside something nice and big that I can lock my bike to.

Just my two cents...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Pipz wrote: »
    Some people...:rolleyes::P

This motor tax has nothing to do with the roads or their conditions.Road maintenance comes from a different tax..

You sure about that??

Motor Tax is collected by Dublin City Council on behalf of the Department of the Environment & Local Government. This revenue is used for building and repairing roads in Dublin City.

http://www.dublincity.ie/RoadsandTraffic/MotorTax/Pages/MotorTaxHome.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

My bus lanes are always open to bikers, never been stopped in one and 117,000 miles of commuting to Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Motor tax, like all tax, goes into a big pool from which everything, like road maintenance, is paid for, so essentially, people are correct when they say "I pay motor tax, why are the roads in such ****" - they do have a point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Motor tax, like all tax, goes into a big pool from which everything, like road maintenance, is paid for, so essentially, people are correct when they say "I pay motor tax, why are the roads in such ****" - they do have a point.

Sure there is a point, but simply not paying it make no sence. Anyway, i am always using bus lane, if u dont go mental guards have no problems with it. I even overtook police car few times that way. They are not going to punish u if u are not speeding like a mad dog - its like a unwritten law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭carsQhere

Bikerguy wrote: »
    Anyway, i am always using bus lane, if u dont go mental guards have no problems with it. I even overtook police car few times that way. They are not going to punish u if u are not speeding like a mad dog - its like a unwritten law.

That's about the height of it.

MAG Ireland had a meeting with Varadkar. the question was asked. Bus lanes will not be opened to motorcycles on his watch.

http://www.magireland.org/category/campaigns/bus/

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinkildare

stephen97 wrote: »
    or even that time of the month you know it, the last week of the month when coppers are going crazy just to fill in their books, like you wont see them for 3 weeks and then bang, they are like fly's on ****

Gardaí don't have quotas.

• Advertisement
Advertisement