Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeze dried strawberries

Options
  • 20-05-2013 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi
    Does anyone know where I can buy freeze dried strawberries in cork? The kind you find in Special K breakfast cereal for instance! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Most supermarkets sell special K. Just take them from the boxs lol.

Id imagine a large tesco or dunnes would stock them. Failing that try health food stores like holland and barret.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Yellow diamond

Thanks red! Found a cheaper similar cereal in aldi so looking to add my own fruit....fresh strawberries are just too expensive! I have searched tescos, dunnes etc....no joy! Thanks for advice!
    .red. wrote: »
    Most supermarkets sell special K. Just take them from the boxs lol.

Id imagine a large tesco or dunnes would stock them. Failing that try health food stores like holland and barret.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Steve_hooo

Thanks red! Found a cheaper similar cereal in aldi so looking to add my own fruit....fresh strawberries are just too expensive! I have searched tescos, dunnes etc....no joy! Thanks for advice!

Plenty of choices in Tesco

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/browse/default.aspx?N=4294953163&Ne=4294954028

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Steve_hooo

Frozen isnt freeze dried

Ops, I feel ashamed now :p
    but I've learned something new

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I've seen them in Julian Graves stores, not sure if there's one near you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Re Julian Graves, there's one in outlet centre beside train station in Killarney if that's any good to you :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

In Waitrose in the UK, they sell little jars of them in the baking section. Might be worth a look in the baking section of your local supermarkets? Although I'd say weight for weight, they're probably more expensive than fresh fruit.

85921011_H.jpg?identifier=3143ce3c6436ed5bd25398756b7b661d

/edit: Yeah, they're £2 for 7g so MILES more expensive than fresh strawberries.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Yellow diamond

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!!
    Faith wrote: »
    In Waitrose in the UK, they sell little jars of them in the baking section. Might be worth a look in the baking section of your local supermarkets? Although I'd say weight for weight, they're probably more expensive than fresh fruit.

85921011_H.jpg?identifier=3143ce3c6436ed5bd25398756b7b661d

/edit: Yeah, they're £2 for 7g so MILES more expensive than fresh strawberries.

Advertisement