Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skip Rental

• 20-05-2013 4:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭

Just browsed about 10 websites for skip rental in Dublin, they are all within 5 Euro of each other for 3 types of skips, this seems remarkable and somewhat strange.

Whatever happened to free competition?

smurfjed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

The companies are charged X amount per ton to get rid of the contents, so the cost of the skip will always be around the same price no matter who you hire it from.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭countrynosebag

We had a skip last year. We had a huge difference in price to consider after half-a-dozen calls. After most particular questioning we were given a price which would be the final price and with no oddments turning up which seems to be a regular occurence in West ireland.
    The skip arrived, we spent the week-end filling it and then it was taken away. We seemed unable then to get in touch with company and so no bill appeared and this silence went on for approximately a year and then we received a letter informing us that the company 'needed' the money and things appeared to be winding up. we were then asked to pay around 50% more than the quote. I argued most strenuously on several occasions and was finally able to wittle this outrage to about 40 euros more than the original quote.
    We will never get anything else from anyone without a full and final price on paper. This behaviour seems to be common practice and some i have spoken to about this shrug shoulders and say things such as "'what do you expect" or "it's always like that".
    I expect a straight answer to a straight question, i expect a true account of monies and i expect people to do the job required, promised and then paid for to a standard that is acceptable. This appears to be a notion that is found either laughable or just impossible to achieve. I think that some individuals/firms may be out of business because of their incompetence not the recession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

I've never had a extra charge, rented about 6 skips from city bin with no hassles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Paid for one online, it was delivered on time, we filled it in 1 day rather than 3, so called them to take if away early, once again they showed up, took it away, no hassle at all.

smurfjed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,733 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Always check your domestic bin company to see if they have a customer offer, e.g. mine is 10% off their (otherwise very same-y) price.

• Advertisement
Advertisement