Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea Food in Belfast

Options
  • 20-05-2013 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just looking for a couple of recommendations for sea food in Belfast. Am heading up the June bank holiday weekend so expecting it to be busy.

The Mourne Seafood Bar gets good reviews on Tripadvisor. CAn any locals confirm or deny?

Kind regards,
    R.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

+1000 for Mourne Seafood Bar! Great food, very reasonably priced and they have their own beer specially brewed for them by Whitewater (an oyster stout iirc)...

Have heard good things about Tedford's but I haven't tried it yet, so can't say much else....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Thanks for that Treadhead, I guess it was always going to be there but it's good to hear confirmation at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

It's not a bank holiday in the north so maybe wont be quite as busy as you've anticipated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Can be tricky to get a seat. Tedfords is great, I actually prefer it and if you have anyone who won't eat seafood then they cover those options very well.

Thanks lads,

I actually hate seafood myself. It's a birthday treat for the missus, Tedfords might be the ticket so....

Cheers for the tip RE: bankholiday Catrionanic. Much appreciated.
    R.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

Nicks warehouse always has a lot of fish on, even though it's not a seafood restaurant as such.

Ginger also...

Both EXCELLENT restaurants

seconding just how awesome Nicks Warehouse is. yum.

Thanks lads,

I think we'll have to stay a few more days to get in all the recommendations.
    Not a bad thing ;)

Thanks once more lads,

Herself was mightily impressed with the Mourne. Couldn't stay as long as we'd have wanted but Belfast is quite the spot!

R.

glad you enjoyed it. you'll just have to come back for more then!

• Advertisement
Advertisement