Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Money PPI

Options
  • 20-05-2013 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have received a letter from GE money saying that they have reviewed my case and are refunding my PPI. I have never asked them to review my case as i did not think i qualified for any return as my loan was small enough from them.

The letter is asking for my bank details in order to refund the cash. I find it odd that somewhere would ask me to send my bank account details instead of sending me a cheque. Don't all financial institutions always say that they will never ask for account details, or would this be a different case?

Also, if this is legit, how long does it take for the refund?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Did they say how much you were being refunded? I received a letter today from PTSB saying I will receive a refund, and once it has been calculated I will hear back from them. I don't know how much it will be, nor did they ask for bank details etc. I assume they will send on a cheque, although I don't mind if they lodge directly into my a/c!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭jimbobtravis

Yeah they did say how much i am getting refunded, and they did ask for my details to be sent back. There is a section on the bottom of the letter with a section for bank account details and my signature, and when they ae filled out i have to post it back to GE money.

Don't get me wrong, i am delighted to hear that i am getting a refund, but i find it odd that it just came out of nowhere and they are asking for my details. Thought there would be more security questions with a phonecall, rather than just a letter.

Any idea of how long it takes to have my refund lodged into my account. I thought since it was approved and since they asked for my details I assumed it would take a few days max, but it has been nearly over 2 weeks now since we talked sent my details.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Any idea of how long it takes to have my refund lodged into my account. I thought since it was approved and since they asked for my details I assumed it would take a few days max, but it has been nearly over 2 weeks now since we talked sent my details.

I'm still waiting on what they are refunding me with, so Ive no idea how long it takes! I was told they would be back to me within 6 weeks, which was about 4 weeks ago now. I'm watching the letterbox like a hawk at the moment! Hopefully I don't have to wait even longer again once I eventually hear back from them!
    Maybe just give them a call and see what the hold up is?

haha, i'd imagine you are. i'm the same, i'm checking my account just as much as you are checking your letter box.
    You see i knew how much I was getting refunded and they asked me for my details to refund it so i assumed that it would be lodged into my account quick enough.
    I got a reply from a member of boards on this thread saying that it was legit and that he worked for GE Money, but the message is not showing up here. I just read it through my hotmail inbox and I deleted the email by mistake. I find it odd that it is not showing up here. maybe he could have informed me as to how long it would take.
    I might see if i can find a number to ring, but you know those numbers that you will be on the phone for ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Deminiman

Has anyone received any payment? I just got a letter today looking for bank details and it says that I must return the completed form no later than July 21st.

Deminiman wrote: »
    Has anyone received any payment? I just got a letter today looking for bank details and it says that I must return the completed form no later than July 21st.

still waiting on PTSB to come back to me with what they are refunding me! Its getting close to the 6 weeks timeframe now....wish they would hurry!

I finally got my payment refunded into my account yesterday. So it was around 4 weeks since I sent them back my letter with my account details on it.

Advertisement