Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Bank Accounts for Non-Residents

Options
  • 20-05-2013 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I'm definitely coming to Ireland to work & set up a business with a view to living.

Is it possible to set up an Irish bank account for non residents, I dont want overdrafts, cards etc.. just money in and out, direct debits etc..

Also a business account, same as above but in a business name, id be there as a sole trader initially. I need something to get paid into and make payments from.

What would I need, I have passport, bills etc from home and will also be renting a small office in Ireland also.

Any reccomendations for a good bank?

Any help much appreciated, thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Mort5000

I expect you'd be better off arriving here before attempting all the bank accounts.

In order to open a non-resident account, you'd need to be here anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 templar79

Thanks for your reply Mort, I will be coming to Ireland to open the non-resident account, would you know of an Irish bank that can offer such a facility?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Mort5000

Ulster Bank definitely do. I'm sure the other main players would have something to offer.
    Required 3 proof of foreign address and proof of where the deposit is coming from.

I'm not sure you'd qualify to hold a non-resident account once you're here, present and working in your registered business.

Probably best to get directly on to the various banks and get the details from the horse's mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,021 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I opened a current account as a non-resident this morning at Bank of Ireland in Naas. Was no problem. Brought passport and my German utility bills as proof of address. Staff were pleasant and it was done in a few minutes. Similar to the OP...I declined cards as the account just needs to service a mortgage. I went with BoI as they are the only ones offering a "pay as you go" fee structure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Delta2113

My Sister is home for a few weeks from the United States and has been paid back money from a friend who owed it to her from years ago.

She does not want to have to convert the Euro into U.S.dollars to bring home to America and was wondering could she open a non-resident account here in Ireland or even just a resident account.

She wants to do everything legit - I suggested even State savings with An Post. Any idea's? She would like interest on the money but I have already pointed out the low rates here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement