Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buse to Ennis Road/Limerick Lawn Tennis Club?

• 20-05-2013 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm just wondering how I'd get here from town? what bus and from where?. Help appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

302 as far as the Shelbourne Road, then get out and walk the rest of the way. It's only a 15 minute walk from town though, at most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Bus from Henry St, the Caherdavin 302 (Goes fairly close on the way out but passes it on the way in) and Shannon Airport 343 buses head out that way but if you are already at Henry St its only @12min walk out to the Tennis club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

banie01 wrote: »
    Bus from Henry St, the Caherdavin 302 (Goes fairly close on the way out but passes it on the way in) and Shannon Airport 343 buses head out that way but if you are already at Henry St its only @12min walk out to the Tennis club.

302 doesn't pass it at all- it returns to town via Clancy Strand.

Indeed, it's probably quicker to walk to it from town. Not far at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Straight over Sarsfield bridge and 10 min walk out the Ennis Road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭banie01

302 doesn't pass it at all- it returns to town via Clancy Strand.

Indeed, it's probably quicker to walk to it from town. Not far at all

Brainfart on my part there....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

There used to be a Coonagh bus that passed by the Tennis Club, that might still run so worth checking into. Also the Caherdavin bus turns down Shelbourne Road and lets off at the top there. If you don't fancy walking as not possible for everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭sleepyman

fima wrote: »
    There used to be a Coonagh bus that passed by the Tennis Club, that might still run so worth checking into. Also the Caherdavin bus turns down Shelbourne Road and lets off at the top there. If you don't fancy walking as not possible for everyone!
    Does that Coonagh bus still operate?Many a time I've waited for it outside Dunnes & it doesn't turn up.The bus service for the north circular/ashbrook/Clareview partof the city is rubbish IMO.Going to UL there was a bus stop outside Jims,then one at Fort Mary then Clareview-then they gradually started scaling back until it got the to the point where it was better to get a bus from town.The sooner they get the real time data boards operating the better.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The Coonagh Roundabout bus (used to be 305, I think) doesn't run any more. The Ennis Road has one stop now (Coonagh) on the Shannon Airport route 343, but I think that's only once per hour.

The Coonagh Roundabout bus (used to be 305, I think) doesn't run any more. The Ennis Road has one stop now (Coonagh) on the Shannon Airport route 343, but I think that's only once per hour.

Jesus are you for real?That is absolute rubbish.Do you just tell the bus driver to stop anywhere on the Ennis Road?I can remember the Caherdavin bus used to go out the Ennis Road.It's really poor now I have to say.It's ok for me who can stroll into town but what if you're an old dear who wants to have a look at the shops in town?

sleepyman wrote: »
    Jesus are you for real?That is absolute rubbish.Do you just tell the bus driver to stop anywhere on the Ennis Road?I can remember the Caherdavin bus used to go out the Ennis Road.It's really poor now I have to say.It's ok for me who can stroll into town but what if you're an old dear who wants to have a look at the shops in town?

The Caherdavin bus stops outside Mace/across the road from Ivan's, but turns off the Ennis Road again at Ivan's and goes towards LIT/Thomond Park on the way back into town.

Going from town to Caherdavin, the bus turns right onto the Shelbourne Road and drops passengers near St. Camillus' Hospital.

• Advertisement

The Caherdavin bus stops outside Mace/across the road from Ivan's, but turns off the Ennis Road again at Ivan's and goes towards LIT/Thomond Park on the way back into town.

Going from town to Caherdavin, the bus turns right onto the Shelbourne Road and drops passengers near St. Camillus' Hospital.
    Not much good if you're living in Bracken,Ashbrook,Kyleglass,NCR.I'm not expecting a Dublin Bus every 20 mins service but surely they could have a Coonagh bus every hour or two hours?It's just poor from the Council.Also there's a chronic lack of bus shelters.

Advertisement