Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to stay

• 20-05-2013 6:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

My buddy and I are heading to Glenmalure this weekend for a mountain skills course. We intend to stay over on Saturday night. We would like to go out for a few drinks on Saturday night. The question is whether we would be better off staying in Glendalough or staying in Glenmalure (probably in Glenmalure Lodge)? We want a bar with a bit of life in it. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭lighterman

it would be no harm to ring the lodge to see if there is any music on.they do most wk-ends.if they do it can be good crack but at the same time it can be very tame if nothing on.the nearest village is rathdrum which can have some music in it but again its not great.most locals go out in wicklow town but that might be too far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,488 ✭✭✭✭Alun

There's almost always music on at the Glenmalure Lodge on Friday and Saturday night in my experience, although sometimes of 'variable' quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

Always more life in Glenmalure - the rooms are quite nice too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

There's usually live music in Lynhams in Laragh on Saturday nights too...

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

The Meetings pub in Avoca has B+B and live music outdoors at the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

Tbh I'd think it'll be quiet enough everywhere this weekend with a bank holiday next week

exaisle wrote: »
    There's usually live music in Lynhams in Laragh on Saturday nights too...
    The difference being (in my experience anyway) it's so damn loud you can quite literally not hear yourself think. Went in there a couple of times after a Xmas dinner in the Wicklow Heather and left after one (hastily consumed) pint.

Also should say that food-wise the Wicklow Heather in Laragh is very good, better than the Glenmalure Lodge IMO, so you could eat there and then pop across to Glenmalure later for drinks.

Advertisement