Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

There are different electricity providers??

Options
  • 20-05-2013 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi!
    I have just bought a new house and have been informed that I have to ring the electricity supplier with the MPRN number.

Dunno who that supplier was so rang E** and it ain't them.

1.Anyone know how I'd go about tracking the prior supplier down or should I even bother?
    2. It has been revealed to me that there are other companies besides E** out there....Dumb I know. Would it be advisable to compare companies before i switch?
    3. Which are the better companies out there with competitive rates? Do I have to spend hours on the phone trying to find out?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It doesn't really matter what the suppler was, you just pick who you want to be with and give the meter reading from your first day. This should correspond with the last reading of the previous owner/tenant.

Esb isn't a supplier anymore, they do maintenance on the network rather then selling it, Electric Ireland handles it now, along with bord gais, airtricity, prepaypower etc

• Registered Users Posts: 12 crovert

i just bought a second hand house in the last few months - didn't have any details so rang esb - they were able to tell me my mprn, but were also able to tell me who the current supplier to the house was. at that stage for me - airtricity were cheapest for electricity alone and was signed over to them with a quick phone call and a metre reading. check those websites though for the current cheapest

Advertisement