Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's your ultimate treat/comfort food?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Has nobody said crisp sammich?

JFC a big durty cheese and onion crisp sandwich for me washed down with a cuppa sweet tea.

Aw man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

Conbhar wrote: »
    I like you love turnip and bacon. With popatoes of course. First I steam the potatoes and turnip and when the turnip is done I mash em up and leave them aside for 10 mins or so. I then fry a load of streaky smoked bacon in a pan and when I'm finished with the bacon I fry the turnip in the same pan with all the bacony oil. Fry for 7 mins and then serve with the bacon and spuds.

You can thank me later, but not if ya get a heart attack :)

This sounds so yummy. We need a drool smiley.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Can't believe nobody has mentioned the UTLIMATE pig out food, KFC... Can't beat a Wicked Zinger Meal with extra hot wings!

Second choice would be a Quarter pounder with cheese (Mozerralla) and COLD can of coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AzN

Definitely eclairs

eclair.jpg *drool*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

http://25.media.tumblr.com/d988e346154963816338babe59c4734d/tumblr_mn3vsyWw9f1s5rmkwo1_1280.jpg

Way nice than Koka Noodles, only the Asian shops seem to sell it though.

Ham, egg and chips
    Fishfinger sandwiches
    Poached eggs on toasted soda bread
    Homemade vegetable soup

A brunch or a feast

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

Soft boiled eggs and white toast with loads of butter...yum...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Savoury: Spaghetti bolognese, taco chips, bacon and cabbage.
    Sweet: Twirls, sponge cake, angel delight with a flake crumbled into it and chocolate muffin that's been heated with ice cream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

smoked rasher sambos with ketchup and cheese,real heart attack stuff.I hated bacon as a kid,but when i discovered cannabis my love of rashers soon followed.A gateway if you will...

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Norwesterner

Chips, peas and gravy was a popular treat from my local take-away, and the Hoi-Polloi would often chow on it, quaffed down with some Iron Brew.
    So, imagine my shock when (on a visit to the Big Smoke) both the staff and clientele of an Italian chipper in Donnybrook, literally laughed me out of the shop for ordering same dish.
    Not before asking me to repeat the order 3 times.
    Feckin Dublin Phillistines.

• Advertisement

I cook healthy all the time - but a couple of times a year the girls will go totally carnal on a big KFC bucket. Sticky fingers and ripping flesh - all a lot more erotic to watch than you would imagine :)

As for myself - I do let myself go on that Caramel Square Recipie over on the cooking forum. Potential diabetes in every bite never tasted so good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Anything with heaps of crispy chorizo, especially jambalaya.

My homemade heart-attack inducing nachos. A layer of nachos topped with salsa and heaps of grated cheese, then chicken, peppers and onions that have been fried in fajita mix, then another layer of nachos, salsa and cheese, throw in the oven for 15 mins.... *drool*

Any Indian lamb or chicken curry, homemade or takeaway (Bombay Pantry, yum), spicy with a full portion of pilau rice and a full garlic naan ALL to myself. PIG!

Mizzonis calzone combo with cajun chicken, chilli flakes and extra cheese. Comes with a massive portion of chips, and a cold can of coke. This is my drunk food...Mizzoni's stays open til 4am :/ Many a morning I've woken up shamefully to see a half eaten calzone on the floor beside me. And then proceed to eat the rest :cool:

Best hangover food - Firehouse pizza from Ballymun. Cajun chicken, chorizo, peppers, chilli, garlic and montery jack cheese, with a side portion of nachos absolutely smothered in cheese, all for €9.95.

Feck I'm hungry

*takes bite of apple*

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

As for myself - I do let myself go on that Caramel Square Recipie over on the cooking forum. Potential diabetes in every bite never tasted so good.

Ha I meant to post that too. I've made them twice in the past couple of weeks and I think I'm already addicted. They're possibly the best things I've ever tasted. Had to ban myself making them, both times I'd intended to bring some into work on Monday morning but they didn't last that long :o

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Goody2Shoes77

Oooh just thought of another....
    Any of the Old El Paso packs, especially the Enchiladas, yum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Anything with heaps of crispy chorizo, especially jambalaya.

My homemade heart-attack inducing nachos. A layer of nachos topped with salsa and heaps of grated cheese, then chicken, peppers and onions that have been fried in fajita mix, then another layer of nachos, salsa and cheese, throw in the oven for 15 mins.... *drool*

Any Indian lamb or chicken curry, homemade or takeaway (Bombay Pantry, yum), spicy with a full portion of pilau rice and a full garlic naan ALL to myself. PIG!

Mizzonis calzone combo with cajun chicken, chilli flakes and extra cheese. Comes with a massive portion of chips, and a cold can of coke. This is my drunk food...Mizzoni's stays open til 4am :/ Many a morning I've woken up shamefully to see a half eaten calzone on the floor beside me. And then proceed to eat the rest :cool:

Best hangover food - Firehouse pizza from Ballymun. Cajun chicken, chorizo, peppers, chilli, garlic and montery jack cheese, with a side portion of nachos absolutely smothered in cheese, all for €9.95.

Feck I'm hungry

*takes bite of apple*

:(

Oh yes, I ADORE the Bombay Pantry, especially their Kalahari Chicken, with pilau rice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

Rare roast beef, with roast potatoes, broccoli, turnips, gravy with a glass of red wine.

a box of quality street for breakfast the day after christmas (tradition).

an iced coffee for a morning treat somewhere in Portugal/Spain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Meritocracy Wins

The lads and lassies over on Health and Fitness forum would have seizures over this thread. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Chilli heatwave Doritos with a primula roasted garlic dip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Eight pages into this and no one has mentioned a dirty big Doner Kebab.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Lasagne and chips.
    Toasted panini with chicken and cheese.
    Spaghetti bolognese with a ton of parmesan cheese in the sauce.
    Toasted club sandwiches from Eddie Rockets. With sweet potato fries.
    Toasted sandwiches of any kind.
    A quarter pounder with cheese meal from McDs. I'd say I've only had one in the past two years though.
    Deep crust cheese pizza from Goodfellas. Again, been about a year since I had one. Man, now I want pizza.

Lots of carbs and cheese basically.

In terms of sweet:
    Any kind of chocolate. I'm not fussy.
    Flapjacks, brownies, rocky road etc. The Broderick Bros type things are my current weakness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

This. Or a chicken snackbox. Or a load of KFC. Or a duck wrap with a bag of chips. Or a pancake covered in sugar and syrup. Or birdseye chicken and chips. Or a bacon butty with a big fried egg on it. Or a full english breakfast... I'm starving :(

For all my years as a drunken mess, I have never once tasted a doner kebab. They are probably lovely but the thought of it turns my stomach.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

The quick coddle: a packet of chicken noodle soup with 4 or 5 uncooked sausages put into the pot and all boiled up for about 15 minutes.

Eaten with a few sliced of buttered white bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Frolick

Any really crunchy crisps!

Or me Ma's cooking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

humberklog wrote: »
    The quick coddle: a packet of chicken noodle soup with 4 or 5 uncooked sausages put into the pot and all boiled up for about 15 minutes.

Eaten with a few sliced of buttered white bread.

*takes notes*

• Advertisement

• Oooh. Toss up between beans on toast with cheese, macaroni cheese and shepherd's pie. Mmm. Hungry now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Kinder Buenos :o

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

microwave/cinema popcorn, pringles, doritos, hunky dorys (and all other similarly addictive crisps)

mcdonalds food :o

maryland chocolate chip cookies and tea

hot chocolate

the list is endless.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/22730/241718.jpg

Mezze from the Cedar Tree

Or Ham and Pepperoni Pizza from Apache with BBQ dip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Prawns and prawn cocktail. Mmmmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Hang sangwitches and hot tay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

a whole pepperoni pizza

A fry

Pasta carbonara

Galaxy chocolate bar

i would eat that every day for the rest of my life if health problems down the line wernt an issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Smoked rashers in Aldi flatbread with cherry tomatoes and lashings of mayo.

Irish Angus burgers from Aldi, grilled and stuck between two floury baps (no sniggering at the back!) with Ballymaloe Relish, cheddar cheese and fried onions.

drooooooooool....

Rare treats though, otherwise I'd need a crane to get me out of the house!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Fried egg and rasher sambos. If they weren't so bad, I'd eat them for the rest of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 garbanzo9

Creamy tomato pasta bake with loads of cheese and a terry's chocolate orange. Oh god I'm so hungry!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

It was the 6th or 7th post!

For me, Curry....All the Curry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Here is some real comfort food :)

Beans, mashed potatoes & fried eggs (runny yolk)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭qwerty93

Smokey Bacon Burger in Supermacs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I've just read through this thread and I suddenly want to go to Tesco and buy loads of junk food :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I just had 3 tortilla wraps with melted cheese and ketchup. Hardly cost me 30 cent each :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

cloud493 wrote: »
    I just had 3 tortilla wraps with melted cheese and ketchup. Hardly cost me 30 cent each :cool:

I feel sick now.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭juicyduckie

My entire diet is comprised of comfort food...

Mince taco chips with cheese.
    Pasta bake with grated red cheddar
    Pizza, any pizza will do
    Mashed potatoes with milk, pepper and half a block of kerrygold...

I'm hungry now.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Staff Infection

Savory: "Macaroni and cheese" made with a philadelphia and garlic cheese sauce, cheddar, mozzarella and big croutons made from a ciabatta roll fried in garlic butter then baked in an oven until golden brown :)

Sweet: "Tiramisu" made the day before with lashings or cream and some extra amaretto so it's really boozey.

I'm off to look longingly at my empty fridge now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

LizT wrote: »
    I've just read through this thread and I suddenly want to go to Tesco and buy loads of junk food :(

I was going to go for a couple of pints after work and I'm the same. I just want pretty much everything on this thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

2 chicken kiev with mashed potato and pepper sauce

Any pizza with garlic mayo for dipping

Toasted ham, cheese and pesto sandwiches

Singapore chow mein with chips and black bean sauce

A roll with butter, taco sauce, (cold) chicken, peppers, tomatoes and cheese, toasted.

Heated chocolate cake with ice cream

All of which need to be accompanied by a four pack of Lucozade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Sharing sized bags of Doritos and a tub of houmous. It's impossible to feel guilty about something so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Dominos cheese pizza with garlic dip, garlic bread and a can of diet coke*.

A Big Mac meal with cheese and diet coke*.

Any kind of chocolate and/or caramel ice cream with lashings of chocolate sauce.

Ferrero Rocher.

A big glass of Merlot.

*Diet Coke must be ice cold.

I'm addicted to Lovehearts. Pure sugary badness.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

A large pack of Doritos,hot dip and an ice cold pint of coke whilst watching match of the day in my jocks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

SuperMacs snack box does it for me, but since Im a classy guy I only eat it when I know nobodys looking at me

Advertisement