Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sako 85 Finnlight.

Options
  • 20-05-2013 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Has anyone ever shot one if so what was it like, accuracy etc.. Looking to get it in 25-06. Does anyone even know what they price at new can; remember what out gun dealer said i think €1200 but not sure correct me if I'm wrong which you are hopefully! :P I no one has any info on this whats the Tikka T3 like in 25-06? Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 chrispin

Ardee sport company are agents for sako and tikka.
    Give them a ring and they will sort you out.
    041/6853711

Have a look at their gun catalogue.
    Some beauties in there.

http://www.ardeesports.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Erk

Thanks Chris!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sixpointfive

Unless they have taken a serious cut in price a new finnlight for 1200 sounds a bit too good to be true, I have had an 85 stainless synthetic in 30-06 and my mate had the same gun in 308 and neither one would group consistently with a any round we tried, after I did some diy work on the stock to free float the barrel it was better but I never had confidence in it, I have since sold it and never looked back, that is only my experience with the 85, I know several guys with 75s and they are the biz,

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Unless they have taken a serious cut in price a new finnlight for 1200 sounds a bit too good to be true, I have had an 85 stainless synthetic in 30-06 and my mate had the same gun in 308 and neither one would group consistently with a any round we tried, after I did some diy work on the stock to free float the barrel it was better but I never had confidence in it, I have since sold it and never looked back, that is only my experience with the 85, I know several guys with 75s and they are the biz,
    As I stated in a recent thread, my friend had issues with the stock on his 85 finnlight. An aftermarket stock resolved this issue. The forend was very fixable resulting in poor groups particularly when a bipod was used.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭OllieNorth

I have a sako 85 in 30-06 and it will do sub 3/4 at a 100 with factory Hornady

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

OllieNorth wrote: »
    I have a sako 85 in 30-06 and it will do sub 3/4 at a 100 with factory Hornady

Is it a Finnlight 85? As this is a different stock.

This was discussed in a recent thread.

Advertisement