Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Club near me?

Options
  • 20-05-2013 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hi,

I joined my college tri club in September, but being the only beginner really kills any motivation I have to train with the club, and the training times don't really suit me. I'd like to join a local club, but it'd need to be near to either Dublin city centre or Palmerstown. Anyone know if there are any that train around there?

Also, is it too late in the year to go about joining clubs?

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Hey

I live in Ballyfermot and train with Pulse. Most swimming is done in Tallaght(Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays), Ringsend on Saturdays and open water in Killiney on Mondays. Running is bushy park or the phoenix park but most people seem to do their own run training or join their local athletics club, Pulse line up with Sportsworld but Donore or Lucan would probably be handier for you(at extra cost though). Cycling is done all over the shop.

Tri clubs tend to have training scattered over different places. I joined Pulse because the swimming was convenient for me. Take a look at where the different clubs base their training...3D do (or at least used to) swim from Belvo so that might suit you. A few clubs do some training in the phoenix park. You couldn't be closer to the motorway so clubs based on the northside might suit you too if you drive.

Pulse are the best though ;)

We are hoping to bring in more younger members (under 25/30 even) for development of the athlete and the club. Loads of beginners too so you wouldn't feel out of place. It's never too late in the year to join!

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭fishtastico

Hey

I live in Ballyfermot and train with Pulse. Most swimming is done in Tallaght(Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays), Ringsend on Saturdays and open water in Killiney on Mondays. Running is bushy park or the phoenix park but most people seem to do their own run training or join their local athletics club, Pulse line up with Sportsworld but Donore or Lucan would probably be handier for you(at extra cost though). Cycling is done all over the shop.

Tri clubs tend to have training scattered over different places. I joined Pulse because the swimming was convenient for me. Take a look at where the different clubs base their training...3D do (or at least used to) swim from Belvo so that might suit you. A few clubs do some training in the phoenix park. You couldn't be closer to the motorway so clubs based on the northside might suit you too if you drive.

Pulse are the best though ;)

We are hoping to bring in more younger members (under 25's) for development of the athlete and the club. Loads of beginners too so you wouldn't feel out of place. It's never too late in the year to join!

Thanks! I was actually looking at pulse. A lot of the sessions seem to be within 10km of my house, which is definitely doable on the bike.

Unfortunately, though I'm an absolute beginner and a student, I'm actually a postgrad (so no summer holidays) and am 25 years old, so I'm currently the oldest newbie by far in the college club. I might shoot Pulse an e-mail...

Advertisement