Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 Day Fishing Game Jam

• 20-05-2013 8:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭

Spotted this and thought it might be of interest to some of yous here, maybe it might be a nice quick project for some before A boards game takes off.
    Make a game about or inspired by Fishing, in a week!
    Jam dates are 20th-27th, you can pick whatever 7 days you like *around* this time. There's no pressure to do it in exactly that amount of time unless you want to.
    If you say it's a game then it's a game, if you say it relates to fishing then it relates to fishing.
    Use whatever tools/techniques you want to make your game.
    http://jam.legendaryfisher.com

Don't really have any spare time myself for this, but I'm considering making a very simple fishing "game", just for the craic. Something that I'll get done in a couple of hours on a Sat/Sun. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Gonna have a go at this too as I need to force myself to finish a game. Got a very simple mechanic in mind for an arcadey type game. Going to make it in Gideros for android!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

So I started my game yesterday and put a good bit of effort getting my core mechanic working.

Here's a link to the game thread. I'm really enthusiastic about it because I think it's a solid mechanic. Id spent all day thinking up of match 3 games and rpgs etc. but this is simple yet offers a building challenge.

Advertisement