Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last minute wheelchair access? Transferrability of online tickets

Options
  • 20-05-2013 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭

I got my gf tickets to Alicia Keyes, which is on Wednesday in the O2. They are standing tickets. She got a serious medical diagnosis recently, and was advised against attending.

We live in the Midwest of Ireland, and would need to travel there on the day of the concert. Possibly this is not feasible in itself. However, if we do attend might we be able to get wheelchair access if we call ahead?

Do people even buy tickets from other people online? Someone could sell multiple identical tickets when they are printouts, which would invalidate them, so there might be a leap of faith involved in buying from a stranger over the Internet.

Lastly, can I put an interest check style listing on Advert.ie, or is posting them there a commitment to sell them?

This post isn't some bizarre attempt at advertising. However if a mod deems it unsuitable I would request that it is edited rather than deleted if possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Mr.S wrote: »
    As far as I know, wheelchair access is only given to people with seated tickets? Ie there is no provisions in the standing area for wheelchair people.

Give Aiken (the promoter) a shout at

http://www.aikenpromotions.com/contact-aiken-promotions.html

or The O2 http://www.theo2.ie/contact-us/

If its not sold out i'm sure they'll have no problem changing your tickets to seated ones.

I've bought tickets from sellers online, its always a risk but i have yet (touch wood) to have an issue.

If you are swapping tickets with someone though (standing for seating) you could meet the person at the gig and go through security together. If they have a major issue with this for some reason and make excuses cancel the deal. Someone with legit tickets should have no issue with this.

use toutless.com, its an Irish based ticket selling/swapping site where all tickets are either at cost price or lower and you might have a better chance of getting sorted there.

Hope you get sorted though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Thanks for your help with this. We rang ticketmaster and they were happy to change the tickets to offer wheelchair access. They also refunded the difference in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Theres a dedicated wheelchair booking telephone number on the Ticketmaster website for the O2, because the wheelchair section tickets arent put on general sale. I'm a wheelchair user and there is usually no problem with people on crutches (broken legs etc) or sudden illnesses (like the OP) being accomodated on the night in the wheelchair section. Provided everyone in front of you is sitting down the view is excellent.

For info, if you are a wheelchair user and intend going to a gig in The Olympia you have to book your tickets in person at the box office or over the phone due to the limited capacity for wheelchairs on the ground floor.

Advertisement