Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bmail, help please

Options
  • 20-05-2013 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

I have been a paid subscriber to boards.ie for years, and one of the perks I got initially was an email address. It started @boards.ie, and changed at some point to bmail.ie. I use this email address as my main email address for everything, and I have done since I got it.

Recently I had noticed a few glitches, starting with occasionally being unable to delete emails, or move them between folders. Last night around 9ish (not sure exactly when) It seemed that the server went down. I was unable to log in at all until this evening. When I finally was able to load it today I logged in and all of my old emails and folders are gone. My address book seems to be intact, thankfully.

I am in a panic, there was no warning. I understand that this is no longer a subscriber perk, but surely something could have been communicated to me regarding this. If I had known that it was no longer a perk, or that the service would be discontinued I would have made other arrangements long before now. I have never had any communication from boards.ie that this was a possibility. I realise from reading an earlier thread started by another user that some of you don't seem to believe that this is your responsibility, but I would ask you to please dig a little deeper and help me. Please.

Regards
    Megan.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Hi foxinsocks,

Sorry to hear about your troubles with bmail.ie. As per my previous posts on the issue we've not supported the domain since the new tech team were put in place following the departure of Conor & Ross (October 2011). There was never any formal handover of the domain and we have no details on who is hosting it, where it's hosted, what accounts are on it, the status of backups, server availability or indeed whether or not your emails have been removed.

I do understand your frustration however and will do my best to find out who controls the domain and what the current situation is.

Danny

A quick update:

Digiweb are the mailserver for bmail.ie. I've just filed a support ticket with them about this as it appears all mail accounts are empty. Once we reach a resolution we'll update here further.

Danny

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Thanks for the update Danny. I have started the process of migrating to a new email account, but with the outages its proving difficult.

Hi,

It would appear Digiweb are undergoing a pretty significant upgrade/migration of all their hosted packages (which bmail.ie is on). I suspect the recent issues are related to this, both the downtime and the loss of emails. I've dropped their migration team an email pointing them to the support ticket I've opened, hopefully this will speed up the resolution of the issue.

With the unreliability of the service at this time I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it not be used for primary email. I'll have a chat with the others in HQ tomorrow about it and bring some finality to this quandary for you bmailers

Danny

I've just received a response from Digiweb apologising for issues with the migration. They also informed me that all mail account should have their emails restored. Would you guys mind checking for me so I can report back to them? Thanks

Danny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭foxinsocks

great big PHEEEEEWWWWWW, emails are all back, thank you so much. I'm in the process of getting a new email address and changing stuff over.

The blood can return to my extremities now :)

Great news, glad you're sorted :)

We'll be in touch with all bmail.ie users soon regarding a wind down of the service in the next few months.

Danny

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Hey Danny,

Thanks for the information. I don't seem to be able to login at the moment, it keeps informing me that my password is incorrect. Is there any possibility that I can get a password reset request emailed out to an alternative account?

As part of the wind down it would be handy to use a email re-direct service, which would allow us change our user credentials on various websites over a couple of months.

Hey Danny,

Thanks for the information. I don't seem to be able to login at the moment, it keeps informing me that my password is incorrect. Is there any possibility that I can get a password reset request emailed out to an alternative account?

As part of the wind down it would be handy to use a email re-direct service, which would allow us change our user credentials on various websites over a couple of months.

Hi Sierra Oscar,

The wind down will consist of us asking current bmail users to provide a forwarding email address well in advance of mailboxes being disabled. It'll all be explained to you folks in the mail sent out :)

I'll PM you now with a temporary password and a link to the password reset form.

Danny

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement